Good old Vaseline. It’s cheap and it works. I recently had a bad reaction to a new eye makeup remover that I tried and a friend suggested simply removing my eye makeup with Vaseline. I did and it works great.
I did a Google search to see what other uses for Vaseline that I might be missing and I came across this blog post from Christinaloves.com.
1. Put a coat on your eyelashes before you go to bed. Lots of people swear by this – and say it will make your lashes grow longer and thicker over time.
2. Put a coat of Vaseline on your feet at night, cover them with socks and wake up to softer feet – every day!
3. Put Vaseline on your elbows every day – they will stay soft!
4. Put Vaseline on your cuticles several times a day for softer and better looking cuticles every day.
5. Put Vaseline on chapped lips.
6. Use Vaseline as lip gloss.
7. Mix a little Vaseline with a little Kool-Aid powder and make a colored and flavored lip gloss!
8. Melt Vaseline and one chocolate chip in the microwave, mix and let resolidify for chocolate lip gloss!
9. Maintains perfume scent longer when applied at perfume points before spritzing the perfume.
10. Can be used as a moisturizer for acne sufferers (it is a misconception that it clogs pores)
11. Moisturizes severe dry skin.
12. Use Vaseline on your knees to prevent that dry, ashy look.
13. Mix with sea salts to make a scrub!
14. Applying Vaseline on your teeth prevents lips from sticking to teeth.
15. . Massage, baby!
16. Warmed up can be used as a night cream
17. Makeup remover
18. Protects skin exposed to adverse weather.
19. Applied under eye shadow it can create a shiny effect.
20. Applied on cheeks for a dewy look
21. Can be used to smooth and soothe skin after shaving
22. Used in manicures under cuticles
23. Gets rid of dry skin lines which can arise from washing
24. Lubricates ear lobes and helps to make earring insertion easy and painless
25. Keeps fingernails pliable and resilient
26. Use with your lipstick to create a cream blusher for your cheeks
27. Helps to ease off stuck on rings
28. Tames unruly eyebrows
29. Defines eyelashes and leaves them with a glossy and waterproof look
30. Conditions scalp pre-shampooing
31. Can help prevent chaffing
32. Aids with healing after cosmetic surgery procedures
33. Reduces scaling and itching associated with dandruff
34. Therapeutic when applied to lesions caused by poison ivy
35. Can help improve condition of those with atopic eczema
36. Helps heal and protect new tattoos
37. Can protect against harmful hair dyeing, perming and straightening chemicals when used as a mask around the hairline
38. Use a tiny dab to put a quick shine on your shoes and bags
39. Smear a tiny bit on your hands and scrunch through your hair for a choppy look
40. Use just a touch on the ends of your hair to hide dry and split ends
41. Remove makeup stains from clothing
42. Rub Vaseline on the neck of your nail polish bottles and they won’t get stuck to the caps
43. Make your week old nail polish look new again – rub a small dab over the polish.
44. Use a touch of Vaseline mixed with powder eyeshadow pigment to make new colors, or a more solid eyeshadow that won’t get all over your face when you put it on.
45. Stretch your favorite lotion by mixing it with Vaseline.
46. Put Vaseline on your lips, leave it a few minutes, then scrub your lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate and leave them SO smooth
47. Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line
48. Apply a small amount on dry spots on your body before fake tanning lotions are applied, and prevent uneven tanning!
49. Generously apply Vaseline all over before taking flights to combat associated dryness
50. Once you carve your Halloween pumpkin, rub Vaseline on the exposed edges.It keeps it from rotting or going dry.
Any affiliate posts are always at no additional cost to you. When you use the links at MWLT, sometimes I earn a small referral commission and this helps to cover the costs of my blog and keep this resource free. Thank you for being part of my community of SMART shoppers who LOVE to SAVE money!
If you have a business, charity or cause that needs FREE PUBLICITY, as a reader you can POST your INFO for FREE on my Facebook page- www.facebook.com/MoreWithLessToday. Just “like” my page first to join, and then SHARE your information. Be sure and let us know where you are located. My community lives all across the United States and if we can SUPPORT you, we will!!
Sharing what you find useful with friends and family helps this community to grow. The sharing buttons below make it EASY! Here they are in order: post it to Facebook, post it to Twitter, add it to LinkedIn, post it to Google PLUS, post it to StumbeUpon, send it by email, or print it out.
I will follow you back, and support and share your ideas too!