It’s back to school time which also means it’s time to pack those lunch boxes again. I love to surprise the kids with cute snack ideas for their back to school lunches that are sure to make them smile!
I think about them throughout the day and enjoy picturing their smiles when they see the fun surprise I’ve included in their lunch.
Today I came up with 3 clever ideas; a car, a bug, and an exercising ape. These are easy and very inexpensive to make.
To make the car:
- Trim off the top 2 corners of the Rice Krispie Treat to give it the rounded shape of a car.
- Using a skewer, poke 2 holes through the bottom 2 corners of the Rice Krispie Treat
- Insert a bread stick through each hole to become the axles of the car
- Cut an X into the top of 4 grapes and push 2 grapes onto either end of each bread stick for the tires.
- Using the dipping cheese that came with the bread sticks, put 2 headlights on the front of the car
- Cut a small slice of string cheese to create the windshield
To make the bug:
- Using a skewer, poke 3 holes through the bottom of the snack cake
- Insert a bread stick through each hole to become the legs of the bug
- Cut an X into the top of 6 grapes and push 2 grapes onto either end of each bread stick for the feet.
- Use the dipping cheese that came with the bread sticks to make eyes and a mouth
To make the exercising ape:
- Cut an X into the top of the grapes and push 2 grapes onto either end of each bread stick
- Pick out the ape from the box of animal crackers (or choose your favorite animal)
- Use the dipping cheese that came with the bread sticks, spread the cheese onto one side of the bread stick and then push the animal cracker into the cheese to attach it.
We all know how expensive snack items can be, so to save some money I headed to the Waterbury, CT Save-A-Lot to stock up on all the snack time essentials. You can save up to 40% when you shop at Save-A-Lot versus conventional grocery stores. I couldn’t believe it when I got all these items today for under $20 (prices may vary).
For those days where time just seems to sneak up on you, don’t worry, the chewy chocolate granola bars are always there to save the day or at least snack time. These are also great for on-the-go snacking for after school activities.
If you are in a hurry, you can include a note of encouragement, a cartoon from the newspaper or a silly picture. It’s the little touches that make memories!
What cute snack time creations can you come up with using products from Save-A-Lot?
Save-A-Lot wants to help you get back to school with a packed lunchbox so they are giving away a $100 Save-A-Lot Gift Card & an iPad Mini 2 in their #PackNSnap Sweepstakes. Here’s how to enter for your chance to win.
- Snap a pic of your back-to-school lunch, breakfast or on-the-go snack
- Post your pic on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook or enter it here
- Include hashtag #PackNSnap for your entry to qualify
*Save-A-Lot’s #PackNSnap Sweepstakes started on 7/27 and ends on 9/7 so get your pics posted today.
Here at More With Less Today, we love to get more for less, that’s why we like shopping at Save-A-Lot. Save-A-Lot will help stretch your dollars because they offer products that are up to 40% lower in price than conventional grocery stores. Despite the great savings, Save-A-Lot still has fresh cut meat in-store everyday, quality fresh produce, and their exclusive brands at every day low prices. Save-A-Lot strives to provide positive shopping experiences with clean, well-stocked stores that are staffed by friendly, helpful and respectful associates. To find the Save-A-Lot nearest you, click here.
Gift Card Giveaway:
Want another chance to win a Save-A-Lot gift card? I’m giving away (2) $25 Save-A-Lot gift cards to my readers on August 31st. Just leave a comment and share your cute snack ideas for back to school lunches.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.