I wrote a guest post for Savings.com today sharing “Easy Ways to Serve our Troops and their Families” this Memorial Day and beyond.You can read my guest post here. As an Army veteran and the daughter of a World War Two veteran, this topic is near and dear to me!
If you have any additional ideas to share, I welcome them!
I hope you will take a minute to read my blog post and “like it” if you do! I enjoy writing guest posts and hope to be invited back!
A few excerpts…. you can read the entire post here at Savings.com today.
Volunteering to place flags on grave sites
Reach out to a military family in your community
Invite a service member over for a holiday meal or celebration.
Visit an older veteran or wounded vet
Foster a pet
Put it in writing
Send expired coupons
Bake treats, make blankets, provide calling cards and more
Soldier’s Angels is a comprehensive website full of creative ways to show love to our troops “so that no soldier may go unloved”.
Here are just a few, be sure and visit their website to get involved.
- Adopt a Soldier – Individualized support throughout deployment
- Angel Bakers – Homemade treats for the deployed
- Blankets – Handmade support for deployed, veterans & wounded
- Hero Packs – Care packages
- K-9 Support Team – Caring for military working dogs & their handlers
- Living Legends – Remembering the fallen and their families
- Operation Birthday Cake – Shipping gourmet birthday cakes to deployed troops
- Operation Veterans Outreach – Help for veterans, wounded warriors and transitioning military personnel and their families
- Operation Phone Home – Calling cards
- Operation Top Knot – Handmade gifts & virtual baby showers
- Patriot Pillowcases – Handmade pillowcases for patients in combat hospitals
- S.A.V.E. – Supporting the employment of veterans through Angel jobs
- Scarves – Handmade heat and sand protection
- Tank Support – Helping veterans travel to medical appointments
- Valour-IT – Adaptive laptops for the wounded VA
- Crochet and Craft – Handmade comfort & dignity for hospitalized Vets
Lori Felix is a US Army Veteran and founder of More with Less Today where she blogs about easy ways to stretch our dollars, simply, and bless others with our surplus. She is also a Savings.com Deal Pro and teaches Savings Nation workshops that help people learn how to save up to 50% off their grocery bills.