Say cheese! National Grilled Cheese Day is coming on April 12th. I have partnered with Smart & Final and their private label brand First Street on this sponsored post to show you a spicy new twist on a grilled cheese sandwich. As always, all opinions are 100% mine.
If you are a fan of Sriracha sauce and like things on the spicy side, this recipe brings grilled cheese to a whole new level! Once you try it for National Grilled Cheese Day, you will be thinking about serving it again to your friends at a summer cookout or party. It’s THAT good! You can cut it into fourths and it would make a fabulous appetizer.
You can always leave off the Sriracha sauce if you make a separate version for the kiddos.
There is a burst of sweet crispy apples that compliment the ooey gooey cheese and spicy sauce. It’s awesome.
Ready to celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day too?
Here is your shopping list:
- First Street Wheat Bread
- First Street Deluxe Pasteurized Process American Cheese
- First Street Sriracha Sauce
- Jonagold apple
- 4 slices First Street Wheat Bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices First Street Deluxe Pasteurized Process American Cheese
- 1 bottle First Street Srircha Sauce
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (we used Jonagold apples)
- Butter one side of each slice of First Street Wheat Bread. Place one side, butter side down, into a frying pan.
- Add First Street Srircha Sauce, top with a slice of First Street Dexluxe Pasteurized Process American Cheese. Add about 6 thin slices of apples to the cheese and top with another piece of cheese.
- Top sandwich with another slice of First Street Wheat Bread slice, butter side up.
- Heat on medium low four 3-4 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and bread begins to brown. Flip with a spatula turner and heat the other side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
1) Simply butter one side of the First Street wheat bread and place it butter side down in a frying pan.
2) Add First Street Sriracha Sauce to taste and then top with a slice of First Street Deluxe Pasteurized Process American Cheese
3) Add about 6 thin slices of apple (we used Jonagold but any crispy apple would work) and then top with another slice of cheese.
4) Top with another slice of wheat bread, butter side up.
5) Heat on medium low for 3 – 4 minutes until the cheese begins to melt and the bread begins to turn golden- brown.
6) Flip over with a spatula and heat the other side until it also turns golden-brown.
7) Enjoy it while the sandwich is still warm!
Help Support Your Local Community With Your Purchases
In February, Smart & Final announced the First Street First Percent program. When you buy First Street items, Smart & Final will contribute the first percent of net profits to the Smart & Final Charitable Foundation which supports local community nonprofits.
The Smart & Final Charitable Foundation supports four important areas –health and wellness, education, hunger relief, and team sports and youth development. Local food pantries, Special Olympics, Olive Crest, Little Leagues, Boys & Girls Clubs, the American Heart Association and local schools are just some of the non-profits that benefit here in California, Arizona and Nevada where the company has stores.
Warehouse Prices, Market Freshness, and a Guarantee!
Like all Smart & Final private label products, First Street products come with a “try it you’ll like it, or your money back” guarantee.
First Street features a wide variety of more than 2,000 products reaching across most categories throughout the store, from grocery, frozen and dairy to packaging and cleaning products. They are high quality, competitively-priced national brand equivalents.
Support your local community through your purchases at Smart & Final with First Street products to benefit the the First Street First Percent program and come back and tell us how you celebrated National Grilled Cheese Day!