Here are common household items that can do double duty as beauty products. Do you have any tips to share?
This is an excerpt from one of my favorite posts which has 100 Cleaning and Beauty Tips Using Natural Products.
Health & Beauty
You can improve your eyelashes, remove hairspray from mirrors, and more using simple items from the drug store.
- Clean up self tanner: A q tip can clean up self tanner from your cuticles, elbows, and backs of your knees.
- Control blemishes: Use witch hazel to reduce inflammation on pimples.
- Grow your eyelashes: Put Vaseline on your eyelashes before bed to grow them longer and thicker over time.
- Get hair spray off of mirrors: Wipe down your mirror with rubbing alcohol to get residue off.
- De-oil your hair: Soak up excess oil from your hair with epsom salt.
- Remove foot odor: Soak your feet in epsom salt to get rid of foot odor.
- Protect rubber gloves: Put cotton balls under your nails to protect them and your rubber gloves from puncture.
- Soften hard skin: Coat feet, elbows, and cuticles with Vaseline to soften them.
- Get hairspray out: Remove hairspray from your hair using a hairspray solution.
- Get odors off your hands: With rubbing alcohol, you can remove harsh odors from your hands.
- Remove excess nail polish: Dab a q tip in nail polish remover to remove excess nail polish.
- Massage with rubbing alcohol: Use rubbing alcohol instead of massage oil-it is cooling, but warms up quickly.
- Volumize your hair: A deep conditioner and epsom salt can volumize your hair.
- Zap zits: Clear up your acne by dabbing hydrogen peroxide onto your zits a few times a day.
- Keep emergency perfume on q tips: Spray perfume on q tips and store them in a plastic bag, then apply them to pressure points when you need them.
- Stop facial redness: Hemorrhoid cream can be used to clear up facial redness.
- Bring out your highlights: Spraying 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water in your hair after a shower can bring out your natural light highlights.
- Treat a cold sore: Hemorrhoid cream can help treat cold sores, just be careful not to put it where you’ll lick your lips.
- Fix makeup smudges: Dip a q tip in makeup remover or moisturizer to remove smudges.
- Get gum out of your hair: Work gum out of your hair with Vaseline.
- Shrink under-eye bags: Witch hazel can tighten up skin and reduce bagginess.
- Treat cellulite: Tighten and shrink tissue using hemorrhoid cream.
- Remove ear wax buildup: Flush out your waxy buildup using hydrogen peroxide.
- Heal bruises: Dab on witch hazel a few times a day to fade bruises.
- Conceal hair roots: Run a q tip with matching eyeshadow over your roots.
- Prevent hair dye stains: Keep hair dye from staining your skin by putting Vaseline along your hairline.
- Soothe and prevent razor burn: Apply witch hazel to help irritated hair follicles.
- Soak your toothbrushes in hydrogen peroxide: Kill germs on your toothbrush by soaking them in hydrogen peroxide.
- Whiten your nails: Mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, and swab it over fingernails with a q tip.
- Kill foot fungus: Mix 50/50 water and hydrogen peroxide on your feet every night and let them dry to kill foot fungus.
- Control unruly brows: Cover a q tip in Vaseline and run it over your eyebrow hairs.