GROCERY STORE SAVINGS WITHOUT CLIPPING!
If you want to save money on you grocery bill but are not a fan of cutting out and organizing coupons. Try e-coupons that load right to your store loyalty card. Some call these “paperless coupons.”
My favorite site is called SavingStar. Your savings accumulate in an account and you can let it grow, request a check, deposit it in your PayPal account or donate it to charity.
Using SAVING STAR : Our “tag team” strategy
My husband does the bulk of the grocery shopping in our house. Truthfully, he is better at it than I am because I get bogged down in my coupons and too slowed down by too many choices. I like to compare everything.
He is like a heat-seeking missile. He gets what is on our list and gets out of there. We use a “tag tam” approach and it works well for us. He is not a fan of juggling tons of coupons so we use a few grocery store APPS and we use SavingStar.
I load up coupons ahead of time to our loyalty card and when he swipes it at checkout, the savings are automatic- no juggling of coupons is needed. Plus coupons expire off the club card automatically if they are not used so you can load them and forget about them!
There are over 24,000 stores that are partnering with SavingStar. A few grocery stores like Stater Bros. here in California do not use loyalty or club cards so I was curious as to how Saving Star would work at those stores. Skip to the end of this post if this applies to your grocery store.
Here’s how it works: Savings with no clipping!
Select the eCoupons you like on the website or mobile app, and they are automatically linked to your store card. Use your card when you checkout and the money is added to your SavingStar account. The savings don’t change your bill at the register and the savings are not printed on the receipt. Instead, they get deposited into your account within 7-30 days depending upon where you shop.
Once your SavingStar account reaches $5 in savings, you can pick your payout from a bank account deposit, a PayPal account deposit, an Amazon gift card, or a donation to charity.
Here are some FAQ’s:
Can SavingStar eCoupons be stacked with paper coupons?
eCoupons will work whether or not you combine them with other services’ coupons, but they are not intended to be used this way. Manufacturers typically have policies limiting use to 1 coupon per purchase, but it is up to each shopper to follow the policies.
I’m a member of Upromise and see that its Grocery offers are powered by SavingStar. Can I participate in both Upromise and SavingStar?
Yes. SavingStar provides the eCoupons for the Upromise service. You may register for both the Upromise and SavingStar, including registering your same store loyalty cards in each service. However, you may only activate a particular offers in one service during a single promotion period. In the future, you’ll see SavingStar powering other rewards services as well.
How can I use Google Wallet with my SavingStar eCoupons?
SavingStar is now integrated with Google Wallet, and you can add activated SavingStar offers to your Google Wallet! After you have activated an offers on the SavingStar website, click on the Google Wallet logo to reveal the “Save coupon to Google” button. Clicking the “Save coupon to Google” button will be automatically add that eCoupon to your Google Wallet.
Once an offer is saved to Google Wallet, you will be able to access it at any time from your Google Wallet account. You can view all of the offer details, and you will be notified by Google Wallet if you are near a store where the offer can be redeemed.
If I have more than one store loyalty card registered, will the offers load to all of them?
Yes! SavingStar offers will load to all of your registered cards. When you buy the qualifying product(s) at any of the stores, we will reward you for the purchase. Note that some offers are designated to be available only at specific retailers. These will be marked with a yellow banner that indicates where they may be used (For example – Only at: CVS).
Where can I redeem my coupons? Find Your favorite store below….
Here is the list of participating stores:
D&W Fresh Market
Family Owned Markets
Food 4 Less*
Giant Food Stores
Harris Teeter Food Markets
Kings Super Markets
Main Street Market
Martin’s Food Markets
Martin’s IGA Plus
Pick ‘n Save
Piggly Wiggly in SC or GA
Piggly Wiggly in WI or IL
Price Chopper (KS and MO)
Price Chopper (Northeast)
Shoppers Food & Pharmacy
Stater Bros. Markets
Stauffers of Kissel Hill
Stop & Shop
The Food Emporium
If the store where you shop is listed but doesn’t have a loyalty card, you can still use SavingStar!
- ACME – Register your MyMixx phone number in your SavingStar account and use your MyMixx phone number at checkout. If you do not have a MyMixx account, you can register here.
- Albertsons Market, Farm Fresh, Festival Foods, Shoppers, Stater Bros. – Register the “Upromise keytag” available at the customer service desk of each store. SavingStar’s technology was originally developed at Upromise.com – a site that helps families save for college. These stores produced special barcoded keytags for Upromise that can be scanned just like loyalty cards. Once you get the keytags, simply register it in your SavingStar account to use our eCoupons.
- Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s – Please scan your store loyalty card to get your SavingStar savings even though these stores no longer use cards for their own in-store discounts. If you no longer have a card, contact the stores’ customer support team at 877-932-7948. Please let them know that you use SavingStar and you will need to be issued a “Upromise keytag.” Customer support will ask for your information and you will then be sent a keytag in the mail which you can register in your SavingStar account.
- Hannaford – Register your myHannaford sticker. If you do not have a sticker, you can order one from Hannaford. The number on the sticker can be registered with SavingStar. (If you already have a Hannaford Upromise card, you can register that with SavingStar as well).
- King Kullen – Register the King Kullen SavingStar keytag available at each store.
- Pathmark or Waldbaum’s – Hold onto your cards. You can continue to use your store card to redeem SavingStar offers. Just scan your card when you buy the products and your SavingStar savings will post to your account within a few days. We understand that not all store cashiers and service desk attendees will be aware of SavingStar and may tell you that you do not need to scan your card. However, it is important to note that the cashier must scan your card when checking out in order to redeem SavingStar offers.
- Redner’s – Register the Pump Perks card available at each store.
- Roche Bros. – Register the Roche Bros. SavingStar keytag available at each store.
You can sign up for Upromise too! It’s an easy way to save for college at the grocery store. Sign up for a free Upromise account and when you swipe your card at check-out, the savings get deposited into the college savings account of your choice. They also have e-coupons, about $45.00 in e-coupons right now on their site. You can set up a Upromise account for any special child in your life, what a blessing!
Use both SavingStar and Upromise. You may never have to clip another coupon! You can also create the Upromise account for any child or grandchild. It doesn’t have to be your own child. What an easy way to help someone save for college!