It’s back to school time which also means it’s time to pack those lunch boxes again. I love to surprise the kids with cute snack ideas for their back to school lunches that are sure to make them smile!
I think about them throughout the day and enjoy picturing their smiles when they see the fun surprise I’ve included in their lunch.
Today I came up with 3 clever ideas; a car, a bug, and an exercising ape. These are easy and very inexpensive to make.
To make the car:
- Trim off the top 2 corners of the Rice Krispie Treat to give it the rounded shape of a car.
- Using a skewer, poke 2 holes through the bottom 2 corners of the Rice Krispie Treat
- Insert a bread stick through each hole to become the axles of the car
- Cut an X into the top of 4 grapes and push 2 grapes onto either end of each bread stick for the tires.
- Using the dipping cheese that came with the bread sticks, put 2 headlights on the front of the car
- Cut a small slice of string cheese to create the windshield
To make the bug:
- Using a skewer, poke 3 holes through the bottom of the snack cake
- Insert a bread stick through each hole to become the legs of the bug
- Cut an X into the top of 6 grapes and push 2 grapes onto either end of each bread stick for the feet.
- Use the dipping cheese that came with the bread sticks to make eyes and a mouth
To make the exercising ape:
- Cut an X into the top of the grapes and push 2 grapes onto either end of each bread stick
- Pick out the ape from the box of animal crackers (or choose your favorite animal)
- Use the dipping cheese that came with the bread sticks, spread the cheese onto one side of the bread stick and then push the animal cracker into the cheese to attach it.
If you are in a hurry, you can include a note of encouragement, a cartoon from the newspaper or a silly picture. It’s the little touches that make memories!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are 100% my own.