Operation Gratitude – Halloween Candy buy back program
Many dentists will buy back your unwanted candy and then send the candy to our troops. What a great program! The participating dentists will give you $1.00 per pound for up to 5 pounds per person.
The program is called Operation Gratitude. You can click HERE to read the details and to find a participating dentist in your area.
How does the program work?
- Participating dentists “buy” back kids’ Halloween candy at a scheduled event
- “Buy” with cash, coupons, toothbrushes, creative exchanges – They can partner with local businesses to give away coupons for food, services, goods, etc. They can give away the Hygiene Kits, they can set up an Opportunity Prize–each kid gets a ticket per pound of candy for an opportunity drawing to win special prizes, etc.
- Dentists send the candy to Operation Gratitude or other Military support groups
- Operation Gratitude sends the candy to U.S. Military deployed in harm’s way
- To find a dental practice in your area, use the zip code “look-up” feature to see if there is a dental office participating close by. SUGGESTION: Call the practice before driving over with your Halloween candy as many have concluded their buyback event and are no longer accepting candy.
If you do not have a participating dentist in your area, here are two other options for sending your candy to the troops:
The biggest Halloween Candy Buyback ever is supporting Operation Gratitude’s March to a Million!
They will be shipping their one millionth care package this year on Saturday December 7th, 2013 in Van Nuys, CA .
Another similar option is Operation Shoebox, which also sends care packages to troops and welcomes donations of Halloween candy. They prefer heat-resistant candy. That means no chocolate, but that works out well because dentists say chocolate candy is the least harmful to teeth. You can ship to Operation Shoebox at:
8360 East Highway 25
Belleview, FL 34420
My husband and I both served in the Army and were overseas, far from loved ones. We have a special place in our heart for all of our military who sacrifice so much to keep us free. Anytime you hear of a program that supports our troops, please let me know so that I can help to spread the word!
Coming up next: Stay tuned for lots of debt-free Christmas ideas. I will be searching for low cost and practically free ideas for holiday gift giving, decorating and celebrating.
My specialty will be gifts for under $25 and finding inexpensive, homemade, and memorable ways to celebrate without busting the budget. Be an insider and get signed up to get my free emails or join me on Facebook or Twitter.