Looking for a new twist on the old green bean casserole recipe? I found one I am going to try from eMeals.
Consider using eMeals to make your preparation so much easier. Everyone will enjoy this food so you don’t have to fix separate meals.
Check out this new recipe for Green Bean Casserole with Bacon. Doesn’t it look SO good?
Green Bean Casserole with Bacon
- 2 (12-oz) packages steam-in-bag green beans
- 1 (8-oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-oz) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2.8-oz) container French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook beans in microwave as directed. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once after 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add to beans in bowl.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Crumble bacon, and add to beans. Reserve 1 Tbsp drippings in skillet. Cook onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Add to beans. Stir in Alfredo sauce and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with French fried onions. Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Do you have a favorite Green Bean Casserole recipe to share?
Are you on Pinterest? Follow More With Less Today on Pinterest for more ideas.