Enjoy Homemade Play Dough- This is an oldie but goodie. It is fun to make and it smells wonderful too. Check out my “recipe” for making this Homemade Play Dough at home. It is not edible!
Here is my easy recipe for Homemade Play Dough: (not edible!)
This smells amazing. Your kitchen will smell like grapes or whatever flavor you choose when you make this. Mix and match Kool-Aid flavors, such as lemonade and strawberry. Since it’s homemade, it’s a little stickier than the traditional store-bought play dough, so you may need to add a bit more flour during the kneading process.
The Play Dough is really easy to make and you only need a few inexpensive ingredients.
Ingredients for Homemade Play Dough
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 2 packages (4 g) unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix
- 2 1/2 cups flour
If you don’t have Cream of Tartar, here is what it looks like. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. (affiliate link)
Mix it all together as shown below!
Directions for Making Homemade Play Dough
- Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and Kool-Aid mix in a saucepan and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Stir, then knead until smooth and the color is well blended. The cream of tartar is very important. This is what will make the homemade Playdough last.
- Store in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.
Look at how much fun your little one can have not being on a gadget!
Games to Play Outdoors
Maintain social distancing and of course, wash your hands and their hands too!
- Go Outside to Play- This may seem obvious, but it’s the perfect way to enjoy a gadget-free day. Going outside to play can release worries, stress, and promote freedom. Together you can visit a new park or playground in your area or take a walk and explore the neighborhood.
- Play Hopscotch, Hula-Hoop or Jump Rope- A favorite game of mine when I was a kid was Hopscotch and now my kids love it too, especially when I play it with them. An added bonus, these outdoor games can tucker them out.
- Water Balloon Fight- If you live where it is really warm outside right now, let the kids get really tired with a fun water balloon fight in their bathing suits. Have towels and pajamas ready and maybe even skip their bath!
- Blow Bubbles- If you’re really looking for something to do to help enjoy a gadget-free day, blow bubbles. You can pick up what you need at the dollar store and have a blast. You can’t be sad while blowing bubbles!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Here is a link if you prefer to buy some Play-Doh on Amazon! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases (affiliate link)