Looking for creative yet inexpensive teacher thank you gifts? I found some great ideas on a a blog called Giggles Galore. The creativity that I find on Pinterest continues to amaze me! If you are on Pinterest, follow me here and I will follow you back!
Ideas for Homemade Teacher Appreciation Gifts:
Print out and share the long list of teacher and educator discounts with a favorite teacher. Most teachers I meet are aware of some of these discounts, but I have yet to meet one that is aware of all the teacher discounts available. Did I miss any? Be sure and let me know so I can update my list!
Print out my list of Teacher Discounts and include it with your gift or thank-you note!
- AC Moore – get 15% off all items including sales and can be combined with coupons. Show your ID at purchase.
- Ann Taylor Loft -LOFT Loves Teachers Program –sign up and get 15% off full price purchases every day with ID. May not be combined with other offers.
- Apple Store – special pricing for K-12 and higher education faculty.
- Banana Republic– offers a 15% discount every day off full-priced purchases in stores only with a valid school ID. Not valid at Factory Store or online and cannot be combined with other offers.
- Barnes & Noble Educator Program – 20% off get a free Barnes & Noble Educator Card here and present it at checkout with valid proof of employment and a photo ID.
- Crayola – Artful lessons, classroom resources and the latest information regarding special programs and offers.
- GAP– offers a 15% discount every day off full-priced purchases in stores only with a valid school ID. Not valid at Factory Store or online and cannot be combined with other offers. The same discount as Banana Republic- see fine print.
- J.Crew – 15% off with employee ID, in-stores only on full-priced items only and valid at J.Crew Outlet Stores too. Some exclusions may apply.
- Jo-Ann Fabric– “we appreciate the hard work and dedication of teachers and home school educators. We are proud to offer the Teacher Rewards Discount Card. You’ll receive 15% off every purchase you make, both in our stores and at Joann.com®. Sign up for one today!”
- Lakeshore Learning – Join the free Teacher’s Club and save 15% off purchases everyday and receive special offers every month!
- New York & Company – members and their spouses take 15% off every purchase, day in any of our stores with valid NEA Member or teacher ID.
- Office Depot– join the Star Teacher Program and get 10% back on ink, toner, and paper and 15% instant discount on Copy & Print Services. Join HERE.
- Office Max -“The MaxPerks Rewards for Teachers program is specifically tailored for your classroom needs and budgeting concerns. As a member, you’ll earn a $10 reward in your MaxPerks account for every $75 you spend on qualified* purchases – up to $100 per calendar year.”
- Staples– register for the Teacher Rewards Program to get 10% back in rewards points on many products from art supplies to ink and paper.
- The Container Store – get 15% off purchases, after filling out this form You will get an email with your discount code.
- The Limited – 15% off with school ID for in-store purchases only and cannot be combined with other coupons.
- Teacher’s Lists – Teachers sign up and submit your supply list and refer other Teachers to get FREE Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes and Westcott Scissors.
Check with your insurance company and cell phone providers too, ask for an educator’s discount.
**To my wonderful readers– according to a recent study, teachers spent an average of $398 out of their own pocket on supplies for the classroom. Many parents and parent organizations are already trying to offset this, but if you can donate supplies or remember the teacher with a gift card for supplies, I am sure it would really be appreciated!
One easy way to do this – throughout the year when you visit an office supply store, pick up an item that is free or nearly free and save them up to give to your favorite teacher at the end of the year.
If you like saving money as much as I do, subscribe for free to get my emails. No spam, no junk, just the best deals that I find. If you have a frugal friend or two, help me grow by telling them about MWLT. I sincerely appreciate it when my readers help me by sharing deals!