JC Penney: Tips for Saving Money and Spotting the Deals
Are you a fan of shopping at JC Penney or did you give up on them when they stopped issuing coupons?
I did leave for a time, but have since returned and am learning to “work the deals” inside the stores and at JCP.com. They listened to their customers and are bringing coupons back.
JC Penney is also featuring some trendy, fresh- looking designs for their housewares and clothing. You can now find collections from Jonathan Adler, Bisou Bisou, I Heart Ronson, MNG by Mango, Duro Olowu, Design by Conran, L’Amour by Nanette Lepore, and Michael Graves to name just a few.
Here are the tips that I am using to save the most money at JC Penney. I welcome your ideas!
- Shop the clearance racks in stores and online here. In stores, give yourself enough time. At my local JC Penney, women’s clothing is spread out in several locations making it time consuming to check all of the clearance racks. I have spotted some great bargains in the $2-$4 range!
- If you shop online, don’t pay for shipping if you don’t meet the minimum needed. You can get free shipping to any JC Penney store, with no minimum purchase. You can combine free ship to store with a JC Penney promo code.
- Join the JCPenney rewards program to earn store credit on qualifying purchases. You can earn even more if you register your JCPenney credit card for the program. If you don’t have a JCPenney credit card, you can register another credit or debit card to rack up extra rewards.
- Sign up for their e-mail list to get JCP coupons in your inbox. You can also sign up for mobile text offers and have your coupons and promotions send right to your smart phone. The email and text message options are at the very bottom of their home page, found here. If you add your home address in the registration process, you’ll be added to the snail mail list. This is a great way to get postcard coupons. I always recommend using a separate free email account for your online coupons so that your inbox does not look like mine!
- Some of the best JCPenney coupons are for the Sephora stores, and Beauty Salons found inside most JC Penney stores. You can often find these coupons in your Sunday coupon inserts. You can get great deals on high-end hair care products, and discounts on haircuts, blow outs and makeup.
- JCPenney is a great place to buy school uniforms for kids. Buy them in the off-season, in the size your child will be next year, and you should be able to find uniform pants for about $10 and uniform shirts for about $8.
- Take advantage of JCPenney’s price match guarantee to save in-store. Just bring in a copy of an ad that shows a lower price for the same item, and they will match the price or refund the difference if the purchase has already been made.
- The JCPenney Price Protection Policy is valid for 7 days. If you purchase something and the price drops, get the difference back with your receipt. For online purchases call customer service at 1-800-322-1189. Not available for clearance items.
- One of my shopping tips is to invest in nice fitting pants and then shop the sales for tops and inexpensive jewelry and accessories to change up your look.
A big thank you to Savings.com. Megan. Sorenson, and Mommy’s Wish List for helping me with this list of money saving tips for shopping at JC Penney.
Here are the most current promo codes and offers from JC Penney, put together by Savings.com. You may want to bookmark this page.