Want to make some extra money from home? All You magazine has put together a list that you may want to check out and bookmark for future reference.
Have you tried any of these? Send me a comment or email. We can all benefit from your experience!
You can read the entire article from All You Magazine right here.
Navigate This Article
- 1 Many websites need part-time writers.Examiner.com pays people to write reviews for restaurants, shops, parks and concerts in their area.
- 2 Running a home day-care center could be for you. While very fulfilling, childcare is a big undertaking. You’re responsible for the kid’s health and safety, and you will have to prepare meals, teach lessons and plan art projects.
- 3 Many businesses, such as JetBlue Airways, recruit hires from staffing companies to work from home as customer-service agents. You can often make your own schedule, working when it’s convenient for you.
Many websites need part-time writers.Examiner.com pays people to write reviews for restaurants, shops, parks and concerts in their area.
ProBlogger has listings of sites that are willing to pay semi-professional writers. Over time, good writers have found this sort of freelancing can be quite lucrative. Every website has a different application process, so log on and get paid.
For artsy-crafty types
Etsy.com is a virtual marketplace where you can sell your homemade items to shoppers from all over the world for a percent transaction fee.
Café Press allows you to design and sell your own graphic T-shirts, mugs and other printables from home for the cost of materials.
For the organized and efficient types
Become an administrative assistant. You can perform tasks such as data entry, transcription and scheduling out of a home office. Go to virtualassistantjobs.com to find out more.
Companies want your input on their new products and will reward you for giving it with discounts, freebies and more. Check out the following sites to find out how to become a product tester:
Running a home day-care center could be for you. While very fulfilling, childcare is a big undertaking. You’re responsible for the kid’s health and safety, and you will have to prepare meals, teach lessons and plan art projects.
If you’re up to the challenge contact your state’s childcare licensing office.
Great at taking photos?
Companies need images of everyday objects and concepts for Web sites, blogs, brochures and other projects. Go out with your camera, shoot some pictures and upload them to a stock photo site. You earn money when a company buys them. Each site works differently, be sure to do research before you commit.
Check out these site for more information:
Clean out closets and make some extra money
Do a little spring-cleaning and put some extra cash in your pocket by selling just about anything. Whether you choose the busiest e-commerce site on the Web, eBay, or the preferred site for selling books and DVDs, Amazon.com, it’s easy and fun!
- Learn how to make the most money when you sell online!
Get paid for your knowledge
Sites will pay for information; all you need is a fast Internet connection. ChaCha.com guides can earn $3 to $9 an hour for researching the answers to obscure questions.
If you are more of an expert in a certain area, you can answers other people’s questions on liveperson.com, a site that offers everything from style tips to homework help. Once you are approved, you set your own fee for answers. The more questions you tackle, the more you earn.
Customer Service from your Home
Many businesses, such as JetBlue Airways, recruit hires from staffing companies to work from home as customer-service agents. You can often make your own schedule, working when it’s convenient for you.
Check out these following sites for more information:
- Arise Virtual Solutions
- Working Solutions
- Alpine Access
- ACD Direct
- Live Ops
Popular direct sales companies and start up costs
Host product parties. More than 15 million people in the U.S. sell items for direct-sales companies, according to the Direct Selling Association. This isn’t just restricted to the handy-reusable plasticware of yesteryear; there is likely a direct selling company for whatever your interest.
- Here’s a list of popular businesses that are offering sales jobs
Where to check if an opportunity is legitimate
Follow these tips to figure out if a business is legitimate.
- Avoid companies that asks you to pay for instructions or products before it explains the plan.
- Watch out for pyramid schemes.
- Do research. Go on to the Better Business Bureau to see if the BBB has accredited the organization of if anyone has lodged a complaint against it.
For more information on “work at home schemes” go to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.