Today’s useful Lifehack tip is a homemade mosquito trap. Thank you to Josephine and Sarah’s Craft Corner for sharing this!
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
You May Also Enjoy:
Terrific Tips from Clever Readers Like You! If you love simple tricks that take just minutes, you will love this list!
Get simple tips delivered straight to your inbox and sign up for the free newsletter. Join me and my friendly deal seekers, striving to do more with less and simplify!
Help spread this great tip and “Like” me on Facebook here. Thank you! thank you!