You can open a layaway plan at Toys R Us and Babies R Us if you want to pay a little over time. You can reserve the items that you want to purchase now plus you can make payments online. Layaway is not for everyone but offers an alternative to credit cards if you need time to make payments. Read the layaway rules before you begin a layaway plan.
* Toys R Us is restructuring with a bankruptcy filing. Here is a story from CNBC.com. Stay on top of current developments as you decide where to place holiday layaways this year. I have posted about several other options at the bottom of this post.
Toys R Us and Babies R Us Layaway Plans 2017 Updates
Whether shoppers are seeking to stretch their budgets, secure must-have toys or keep those big gift purchases hidden from curious little ones, Toys“R” Us and Babies “R” Us have a layaway option which offers customers the opportunity to make small payments over an extended period of time on eligible items, including toys, electronics, baby gear and more.
How it works:
- Simply deposit 10% of the total cost of your purchase plus a $5 service fee.
- All payments can be made at any register or online, 24 hours a day.
- Make your final payment in store, and take your items home right away. Or, if you make your final payment online, you will be notified of the earliest time you can pick up your items.
Need to cancel your layaway order? Item(s) will be returned to the shelves and payments will be refunded, minus a $10 cancellation fee.
*In-store purchases only. Excludes Special Orders, food, formula, and clothing. Available at all stores except Toys”R”Us Times Square.
You can call Toys “R” Us at 1-800-ToysRUs (1-800-869-7787) with questions or visit the layaway page on their website.
Layaway will give you the opportunity to make small payments over time and once your layaway is set up in stores, you can make your payments online.
Toys R Us Black Friday Deals You Can Shop Right Now:
(Prices and availability were checked at the time of posting but always double-check prices before making a purchase. We all know they go up and down quickly!)
- 25% Off Board Games
- Select Video Games – BOGO 50% Off
- PlayStation 4 1TB Console – $199.99
- PlaySkool Friends Sesame Street Love2Learn Elmo – $19.99
- Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat – $99.99
- Babies R Us Brand Big Boxes of Diapers OR Wipes – $11.99
- FurReal Friends Torch Doll My Blazin’ Dragon – $29.99
- Mega Bloks First Builders Imagination Building 100-pc. – $9.99
- Fisher Price Big Action Dig ‘N Ride – $34.99
You may also like:
Here is 2017 Toy Book from Toys R Us for 2017: