Easy Bacon and Swiss Cheese Quiche
This easy bacon and swiss cheese quiche is perfect for a Sunday brunch, a lunchtime dinner party, or as a tasty weeknight meal. It is made with a pre-made pie crust- a semi-homemade meal that everyone will love.
- 1 pre-made frozen pie crust uncooked
- 4 large eggs , beaten
- 1 1/4 cup half and half you can also use heavy cream if you prefer
- 8 slices bacon , chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow onion , finely diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms , sliced
- 1/4 cup spinach , torn into small pieces
- 1 cup Swiss cheese , shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Cook bacon until tender and lightly crisp.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and thyme. Slowly stir in half and half.
Layer the onion, mushrooms, spinach, bacon, and cheese in the frozen pie crust.
Pour egg mixture over the top of the filled crust.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean and the top is starting to brown.
Allow quiche to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- If needed, cover your pie crust edges with aluminum foil or crust shields if the crust starts to darken on the edges before the middle is done.
- If desired, turn on the broiler for the last few minutes of cooking to brown the top. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- The pie crust needs to remain frozen until ready to use.