What is Ibotta? How do You Use It?
Ibotta is a new smartphone app that gives you cash back on select items that you purchase at participating retailers. For those readers who love to save at the grocery store but hate to clip coupons, you may love this new app! For those who clip coupons, you can use this together with your manufacturer’s coupons and/or SavingStar coupons to double and triple the savings!
I downloaded it today after my super saver reader Josephine recommended it to me. It was very quick and I got the hang of it in no time at all.
Ibotta is currently available to use on the following smartphones and devices:
- iPhone 3GS and newer
- iPod Touch 4th Generation and newer
- iPad 2 & iPad 3
- Android – coming soon!**update now available for Android too!
Here is how to get started:
- Sign up for a free Ibotta account HERE
- Download the app on your device (very quick)
- Confirm your email. Click on the Ibotta app and see today’s featured items with the corresponding money you earn after purchase. You can also get more money by taking a poll, watching a video, liking the product, reading a recipe and more. Each time you do, you will get an amount toward that product available to redeem.
- Once you purchase the items, hit “redeem” on the bottom right corner of the app, click the store where you purchased the item at and take a picture of your receipt.
- Once you accumulate $5 or more in your account, you can get paid through your PayPal account, or you can donate it to any school in America.
You will get an extra $5 in your Ibotta account after you redeem your first Ibotta offer.
Are you already using Ibotta? How do you like it? How much have your earned?