This post brought to you by Sargento® The content and opinions expressed below are that of More with Less Today.
One of my favorite thing to do on the weekend is catch on shows of Chopped. Since it’s my husband and I here at home, we usually stick to pretty basic dinners with ingredients we find in our cupboards. One of my favorite things to do is take a few ingredients we have and try to make something out of it. I’m always inspired by the chefs on Chopped.
Recently, Sargento asked me to cook up a “Chopped” Inspired recipe using one of their cheeses. We usually have several ingredients in my fridge and cupboard, so I wasn’t too worried. However, coming up with what I would make was a different story. I really went back and forth on what I would make and finally came to the conclusion that I would make 4 Cheese Mexican Bake. My husband and I love Mexican food and would eat it every single day if we could.
I mean, who doesn’t love Mexican food? It tastes good and it just makes you feel all warm and cozy on the inside. It’s all about the cheese, isn’t it? You can always count on great taste with Sargento. It’s available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, and Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. That’s why it tastes so good.
The shredded cheese makes mealtime prep so convenient, plus it’s priced right too. Sargento Shredded Cheese ranges in size from 3.25 to 3.95 ounces for a suggested retail price of $2.69 each.
I knew the ingredients I was choosing for the 4 Cheese Mexican Bake would be approved by Chopped, I watch this show literally all of the time. So now, let’s get on with the recipe that I made. How did I do with the Sargento Chopped at Home Challenge?
As you can see, the ingredients to this 4 Cheese Mexican Bake are so simple.
Making the chicken mixture is super easy and will make you excited for dinner.
Lining pan with the first layer of corn tortillas. you’ll have to modify to fit your pan. you’ll need two layers.
Below: add your chicken mix , cheese and another layer of 2 shells.
After it’s baked and bubbly, garnish with diced Poblano peppers, red onion, fresh cilantro and sour cream.
As you can see, the final dish looks fabulous. This is such an easy “can’t miss” recipe. It’s perfect to add to your recipe rotation when you want an easy, delicious, quick dinner.
How did we do with our 4 Cheese Mexican Bake – Take the Chopped At Home Challenge?
Add this recipe to your favorites list. You can PIN it for later!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (14.5 ozs)
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained (15 oz)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15.25 oz)
- 14-20 corn tortillas
- 2 cups Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Poblano peppers, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Grill chicken thighs until cooked through and slice into ½" strips.
- Mix tomatoes, corn, black beans, chicken and chili powder together in a bowl.
- In a casserole dish, layer the bottom with 2 layers of corn tortillas. (We used 6 total, cutting 2 in half to fit into the pan.
- Add half of the chicken mixture and top with 1 cup Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican Blend.
- Add another 2 layers of tortilla shells. (This time we used 8 because that's what fit!)
- Top with remaining chicken mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until bubbly around edges.
- Top with remaining 1 cup Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican Blend and heat an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top bake with onions, peppers, cilantro and sour cream before serving.
Take the Chopped at Home Challenge too!
Sargento is hosting the “Chopped at Home” contest and they want you to participate. You can take on the Chopped Challenge using Sargento Cheese. You have a chance to win $5,000 and a trip to New York City to compete in a televised Chopped cooking challenge for a $10,000 grand prize! If you think you’ll be great at this, read more about the contest here and submit your recipe.
Entry Period: April 25th – May 23rd
Voting Period: May 23rd – June 13th
Finalist: The finalist will be announced on June 27th
I hope you win!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.