Do you love grilled cheese sandwiches? We put a spicy twist on this classic recipe with Sriracha sauce! There is a burst of sweet crispy apples that compliments the ooey gooey cheese and spicy sauce. It’s awesome.
If you are a fan of Sriracha sauce and like things on the spicy side, this recipe brings grilled cheese to a whole new level! Once you try it, you’ll be thinking about serving it again to other grilled cheese lovers. It’s THAT good! You can cut it into fourths to serve as a fabulous appetizer.
You can always leave off the Sriracha sauce if you make a separate version for the kiddos.
Sriracha Grilled Cheese Sandwich Ingredients:
- White or Wheat Bread
- American Cheese Slices
- Sriracha Sauce
- Jonagold apple
- 4 slices of wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 4 slices of pasteurized processed American cheese
- 1 bottle Sriracha sauce
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (we used Jonagold apples)
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one side, butter side down, into a frying pan.
- Add Sriracha sauce, top with a slice of American cheese. Add about 6 thin slices of apples to the cheese and top with another piece of cheese.
- Top sandwich with another slice of bread, butter side up.
- Heat on medium low four 3-4 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and bread begins to brown. Flip with a spatula turner and heat the other side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
1) Simply butter one side of the bread and place it butter side down in a frying pan.
2) Add the Sriracha sauce to taste and then top with a slice of American Cheese.
3) Add about 6 thin slices of apple (we used Jonagold but any crispy apple would work) and then top with another slice of cheese.
4) Top with another slice of bread, butter side up.
5) Heat on medium low for 3 – 4 minutes until the cheese begins to melt and the bread begins to turn golden- brown.
6) Flip over with a spatula and heat the other side until it also turns golden-brown.
7) Enjoy it while the sandwich is still warm!
We partnered with Smart & Final to bring you this delicious recipe that features their private label products, First Street. They come with a “try it you’ll like it, or your money back” guarantee.
Do you have a favorite Grilled Cheese recipe to share?