If you are looking for an easy recipe that is filling and delicious, try this Four Cheese Mexican Bake. At least once a week, I try to cook with just the ingredients I have on hand and this Four Cheese Mexican Bake recipe is one that my family loves.
It is a perfect recipe to feed a crowd and to bring to a potluck!
As you can see, the ingredients to this Four Cheese Mexican Bake are so simple. It’s the cheese blend that makes this dish so delicious.
This is a great recipe to make for tonight with leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.
Lining pan with the first layer of corn tortillas. You will need two layers.
Below: add your chicken mix, cheese and another layer of two shells.
After it’s baked and bubbly, garnish with diced Poblano peppers, red onion, fresh cilantro and sour cream.
As you can see, the final dish looks fabulous. This is such an easy “can’t miss” recipe. It’s perfect to add to your recipe rotation when you want an easy, delicious, quick dinner.
If you need to take a dish for a potluck, this recipe is always a hit.
Add this recipe to your favorites list.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (14.5 ozs)
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained (15 oz)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15.25 oz)
- 14-20 corn tortillas
- 2 cups Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Poblano peppers, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Grill chicken thighs until cooked through and slice into ½" strips.
- Mix tomatoes, corn, black beans, chicken and chili powder together in a bowl.
- In a casserole dish, layer the bottom with 2 layers of corn tortillas. (We used 6 total, cutting 2 in half to fit into the pan.
- Add half of the chicken mixture and top with 1 cup Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican Blend.
- Add another 2 layers of tortilla shells. (This time we used 8 because that's what fit!)
- Top with remaining chicken mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until bubbly around edges.
- Top with remaining 1 cup Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican Blend and heat an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top bake with onions, peppers, cilantro and sour cream before serving.