As a money-saving expert, I was invited by my friends at Valpak, to write a guest post about Inexpensive Date Night Ideas for Valentine’s Day. Many of my ideas will work for date nights all year long.
I would love to hear your ideas too!
Many of you know that my husband and I are empty-nesters now. We’ve been restructuring our lives without the demands of raising kids and paying more attention to our relationship. We need to be intentional about blocking out time to schedule activities we can do together as we transition into this next phase of life. Relationships take work at every phase!
Once a month, we arrange a date that the other person will enjoy. It has been fun. Our goal is to have fun on a budget and have some laughs along the way.
27 Inexpensive Date Night Ideas for Valentine’s Day
1. Attend a concert or play. If you have a college or high school nearby, support young artists in your area.
2. Go to a farmer’s market or specialty grocery store and try new delicacies. Look up recipes and cook a meal together.
3. Take a cooking class together or order a meal delivery kit to try something new.
4. Learn how to make a new specialty cocktail or mocktail and enjoy it at home.
5. Have a stay-at-home wine and cheese party. Try some new wines and cheese pairings.
6. Attend a local art show. Many are free and some even offer wine and cheese. Look in your city’s Facebook group or call local galleries to get on an email list.
7. Get a massage or pedicure together. I treated my husband to his first pedicure recently and he enjoyed the pampering. I’m not sure he would go back without me, but we did have a relaxing time together.
8. Sign up to take an enrichment class together or set aside time to watch instructional videos.
9. Go on YouTube and learn a new dance together. From line dancing to salsa dancing, you can find so many great tutorials.
10. Have a game night at home with your favorite childhood games such as Monopoly, Risk, or Clue.
11. Play Poker and instead of playing for cash, play for M&Ms or other good snacks.
12. Plant a special tree, rosebush, or favorite flower. This is one of my favorite ideas which you can enjoy for a long time.
13. Watch a rom-com movie or your video of your wedding day.
14. Give an “experience gift.” You can find flying lessons, pizza-making classes, race car driving and so much more. We tried paddleboarding (bought a Groupon) and it was so much fun.
15. Visit an arcade or bowling alley. You can also go to a driving range or play mini-golf together.
16. Learn a new sport or fitness activity. My husband and I love pickleball although he is a much better player than I am.
17. Make a photo book or scrapbook together from your early days.
18. Get a subscription box to try new products. These are fun because you can find a subscription box for almost anything from snack foods, to desserts, hobbies, and more.
19. Go out for breakfast or lunch instead of dinner. In the evening you can go out for happy hour or just for dessert. Another tip is to celebrate a major holiday the weekend before or after to avoid the crowds.
20. Attend amateur night at a bar, coffee shop, or comedy club.
21. In the summer months, many cities offer free concerts or outdoor movies. Have a picnic!
22. Go on a hike and get your steps in together. We try to ride our bikes together most weekends.
23. Volunteer together. You can find a pet shelter, senior home, church activities, and more. There are volunteer opportunities for many interests.
24. Tour a local brewery or winery. You may discover a new favorite beverage.
25. Visit a zoo or aquarium. Don’t forget to ask if they have a senior discount if you are of age!
26. Make Smores- YUe a grill to toast marshmallows and enjoy these delicious messy treats together.
27. Schedule a photo shoot. Trust me, hiring a professional photographer makes all the difference. Frame your favorite photo of the two of you to bring you closer all year long. You can check with your local college or high school and hire a student with a passion for photography to keep the cost down.
Do you have inexpensive date night ideas for Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day Posts You Might Also Like
- Easy Valentine’s Day Baking Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Decor You’ll Fall in Love With!
- Valentine’s Day Desserts for the Chocolate Lover
- Matching Couple Outfit Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Recipes for Valentine’s Day – Yummy Sweets and Treats
- Delicious Romantic Dinner Recipes for Date Nights at Home
- Cute Valentine’s Day Decor from Target for Your Home or Office
PIN for Later
Don’t forget to share these 27 Inexpensive Date Night Ideas for Valentine’s Day with your friends and loved ones. If you are on social media, I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter. Just click on the links to visit my profile. Leave a message and I will follow you back!