If you’re a fan of crispy Roasted Potatoes, try our easy sheet pan recipe! These potatoes are tender and soft in the middle and crispy on the outside.
They are one of my favorite potato recipes and make the perfect side dish. We have affiliate relationships which means we may earn a small referral commission at no additional cost to you if you shop using our links.
Navigate This Article
Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Why roast potatoes?
Roasting is my favorite cooking process for potatoes. It’s quick, requires less fat, and saves time. This roasted potato recipe is delicious and incredibly easy to make. It serves as a great side dish or main course.
What are the best potatoes for roasting?
The type of potatoes you can roast is really your personal preference. You can try Yukon Gold potatoes, sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, and red potatoes for roasting.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Ingredients for Roasted Potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 c. cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- ½ t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium lemon, preferably organic, sliced and cut into half rounds
- 5-6 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- additional lemon wedges, for garnish
Adding fresh herbs, parmesan cheese, sour cream, and some garlic cloves or garlic powder is also a delicious way to serve oven-roasted potatoes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How To Make Roasted Potatoes
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a large-rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
Step 2: Add red onion, potatoes, tomatoes, rosemary leaves, and garlic powder to a large bowl.
Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine.
Step 5: Remove the lemon slices with tongs, squeezing the excess juice out in the process. Squeeze the roasted garlic onto the warm baking sheet or reserve for another use (such as stirring into soups or dips). Give the vegetables a good stir to coat in the pan juices before transferring to a serving bowl.
Garnish with fresh lemon wedges and serve immediately with your choice of entrees like this Lemon and Rosemary Roasted Chicken. Enjoy!
A Few Tips to Save Some Dough!
Stretch your dollars on groceries and household necessities with online coupons right on Amazon. Have you checked this section for current Amazon coupons? They change them up often. It could not be easier to save a few dollars.
Use Their Coupons for Groceries, Food, and Household Items
Amazon has a dedicated section for coupons that you can electronically “clip” and use. Head over to the coupon hub to look for what you need that’s on sale. Click on the item with a coupon box next to it then the discount will be applied at checkout.
“Discounts applied at check out or on first subscription. Some coupons may only be available to Prime members. Coupons may be subject to a maximum dollar value, which will be reflected at checkout if applicable. Some restrictions apply.”
Making the Most from Your Amazon Prime Membership (try it for free)
Join Amazon Prime
Try Amazon Prime for FREE with a one-month free trial. After one month, you can decide if the cost of the membership makes sense for you and then cancel before you get charged for the membership. You do need to enter a credit card to access the free month so write the ending date on your calendar and set up an alert so you can decide if you want to keep it or cancel right before your free month is up.
Try Amazon’s Subscribe & Save Feature
Have you ever tried Amazon’s Subscribe and Save feature? It will save you at least 5-15% on your reoccurring purchases. Plus you won’t run out which is especially helpful these days. I use this for our favorite snacks, dog food, vitamins, household supplies, and more. You can pause or cancel orders easily from inside your account.
Save at Whole Foods Market
Find lots of exclusive weekly deals all over the store, and save an extra 10% on hundreds of sale items. Keep up to date on featured Prime Member Deals every week.
Skip the trip to the store
With Amazon Fresh, get 2-hour delivery on just about anything. Check here for availability in your area.
Get More of Our Easy Recipes
Have more easy and delicious recipes like this Roasted Potatoes recipe sent straight to your inbox! We also share lifestyle ideas for shopping, travel, pets & more. We would love to connect with you.
Sign up for our emails and know we respect your privacy and will never share your email with anyone else.
More Potato Recipes To Try
If you’ve enjoyed this Roasted Potatoes recipe, I highly recommend trying these other potato recipes:
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Roasted Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Chorizo with Spanish-Style Potatoes
Don’t forget to come back and let me know how this Roasted Potato recipe turned out for you!
PIN for Later
Jump To Recipe
Sheet Pan Recipe: Easy Roasted Rustic Potatoes
- 1 medium red onion , cut into wedges
- 1 lbs. small red potatoes , cut in half
- 1 c. cherry (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves , finely chopped
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium lemon preferably organic, sliced and cut into half rounds
- 5-6 large garlic cloves , unpeeled
- additional lemon wedges (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add red onion, potatoes, tomatoes, rosemary leaves, and garlic powder to a large bowl.
- Spread the seasoned vegetables onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding. Scatter lemon slices and whole garlic cloves in amongst the vegetables.
- Place sheet pan in the hot oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, turning the vegetables after 15 minutes. Once the vegetables are fork-tender and nicely browned, remove from the oven.
- Remove the lemon slices with tongs, squeezing the excess juice out in the process. Squeeze the roasted garlic onto the warm baking sheet or reserve for another use (such as stirring into soups or dips). Give the vegetables a good stir to coat in the pan juices before transferring to a serving bowl.
Leave a Reply