I love discovering new ways to enjoy a fresh salmon fillet. This Baked Salmon En Papillote recipe is really good and so easy to make!
Salmon is the type of fish that I always like for a weeknight meal or serve at a dinner party. This recipe will certainly wow your dinner guests because of its bright flavor and unique cooking method. The term “en papillote” might be a bit intimidating for some, but trust that following these simple instructions will save you from the need to go out to have a delicious dinner.
We have affiliate relationships which means we may earn a small referral commission at no additional cost to you if you shop using our links.
Navigate This Article
What is En Papillote?
En Papillote refers to the classic French cooking method in which food is placed in individual parchment paper packets that puff up during baking. You can also use aluminum foil as an alternative. The salmon in this healthy recipe pairs lovely with salty capers, lemon wedges, and fresh herbs.
What To Serve with Baked Salmon En Papillote
Do you want a side dish for your baked salmon? Any of these would be great choices:
- Fried Rice
- Fresh Green Salad
- Your favorite white or red wine
- Tortellini Antipasto Pasta Salad
- Roasted Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
Ingredients for Baked Salmon En Papillote
- 4 8-oz. each salmon fillets
- 4 t. olive oil
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- ½ c. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ c. fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ½ c. fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 3-4 T. capers, to taste
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How To Make Baked Salmon En Papillote
Step #1. Preheat the oven to 400˚ F.
Step #2. Cut a large piece of parchment paper into 4 squares. Lay one piece of salmon fillet in the middle of each cut parchment packet. Drizzle salmon filets with one teaspoon of olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Place a few lemon slices on top of each filet.
Step #3. Add one-fourth of each of the herbs and capers to each fish fillet. Make sure you get almost the same amounts for each portion.
Step #4. Fold each parchment piece on top of itself so it forms into foil packets or parchment paper pouches. Make sure that the edges are tightly sealed. Place the parchment packets on a large baking sheet.
Step #5. Place the fish in the preheated oven and roast until the salmon is flakey and opaque. Do this for approximately 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
More Sheet Pan Recipes to Try
If you enjoyed this Baked Salmon En Papillote, you might want to try any of these recipes made from sheet pans:
- Roasted Potatoes
- Homemade Spanakopita
- Balsamic Chicken Breasts
- Roasted Shrimp and Vegetables
- Chorizo with Spanish-Style Potatoes
- Orange Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
Did you love this salmon recipe or want to share your favorite dinner recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
Make the Most from Your Amazon Prime Membership (try it for FREE!)
Join Amazon Prime
Try Amazon Prime for FREE with a one-month free trial. After one month, you can decide if the cost of the membership makes sense for you and then cancel before you get charged for the membership. You do need to enter a credit card to access the free month so write the ending date on your calendar and set up an alert so you can decide if you want to keep it or cancel right before your free month ends.
Try Amazon’s Subscribe & Save Feature
Have you ever tried Amazon’s Subscribe and Save feature? It will save you at least 5-15% on your recurring purchases. Plus you won’t run out which is especially helpful these days. I use this for our favorite snacks, dog food, vitamins, household supplies, and more. You can pause or cancel orders easily from inside your account.
Save at Whole Foods Market
Find many exclusive weekly deals all over the store, and save an extra 10% on hundreds of sale items. Keep up to date on featured Prime Member Deals every week.
Skip the trip to the store
With Amazon Fresh, get 2-hour delivery on just about anything. Check here for availability in your area.
Kitchen Gadgets To Make Cooking Easy
Click here to see my favorite affordable kitchen gadgets that make cooking easy!
Sign Up for Our Email List
Have more delicious recipes like this Baked Salmon en Papillote recipe sent straight to your inbox! We also share lifestyle ideas for shopping, travel, pets & more. We would love to connect with you.
Sign up for our emails and know we respect your privacy and will never share your email with anyone else.
PIN for Later
Don’t forget to share this Baked Salmon en Papillote recipe with your friends and loved ones. If you are on social media, I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter. Just click on the links to visit my profile. Leave a message and I will follow you back!
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments! Click here to see all my recipes.
Jump to Recipe
Baked Salmon En Papillote
- 4 8- oz. each salmon fillets
- 4 t. olive oil
- 2 lemons , thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley , roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh basil , roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh dill , roughly chopped
- 3-4 T. capers to taste
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F.
- Cut a large piece of parchment paper into 4 squares. Lay one piece of salmon fillet in the middle of each cut parchment packet. Drizzle salmon filets with one teaspoon of olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Place a few lemon slices on top of each filet.
- Add one-fourth of each of the herbs and capers to each fish fillet. Make sure you get almost the same amounts for each portion.
- Fold each parchment piece on top of itself so it forms into foil packets or parchment paper pouches. Make sure that the edges are tightly sealed. Place the parchment packets on a large baking sheet.
- Place the fish in the preheated oven and roast until the salmon is flakey and opaque. Do this for approximately 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!