Want to make delicious homemade ice cream? Try this Easy Cherry Pecan Ice Cream! Easily have it served in under 30 minutes.
It’s a perfect homemade ice cream flavor that you can enjoy any time of the year or serve on any special occasion. This has a consistency similar to soft-serve ice cream. However, if you prefer a firmer texture, pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer until it reaches the desired consistency.
Once you see how easy and delicious this is, you’ll want to keep a steady supply of frozen, sliced bananas and pecans at home. So if you’re curious to try out different flavors aside from vanilla ice cream, keep reading to find out how you can make this cherry ice cream at home.
Navigate This Article
Kitchen Notes and Tips
- Whole milk was used to create this recipe. However, you can use your choice of milk, cream, or non-dairy alternatives, such as almond milk, instead. Do note that using plant-based milk alternatives will affect the flavor. For richer results, add a splash of heavy whipping cream while blending.
- You can use an ice cream maker or your home’s trusty blender to mix the ingredients.
- For best results, use frozen cherries for this ice cream recipe.
- To add an extra cherry flavor, you can add maraschino cherries as one of your ice cream toppings.
We have affiliate relationships which means we may earn a small referral commission at no additional cost to you if you shop using our affiliate links.
Prep time: 10 minutes (additional time to freeze, if desired)
Yields: Approximately 3 cups
Ingredients for Easy Cherry Pecan Ice Cream
- 4 large ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1-2 T. honey
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- ¼ t. salt
- ½ c. whole milk (see notes above)
- 1 c. frozen dark cherries, rinsed briefly under warm water and chopped
- ½ cup of pecans, chopped
- Additional chopped pecans, for garnish
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream
Step #1. Place the frozen bananas, honey, vanilla extract, and salt into a high-powered blender. Add milk and blend on high until smooth. This will take approximately 2-3 minutes.
Note: If more liquid is necessary, add additional milk or cream. Do this one tablespoon at a time while blending until smooth.
Step #2. Place the ice cream mixture into a large bowl and fold in the chopped cherries and pecans. Scoop ice cream into individual serving bowls and serve immediately. Top it with some chopped pecans (or place in the freezer until firm). Enjoy!
Other Fruit Dessert Recipes to Try
If you’ve enjoyed this Easy Cherry Pecan Ice Cream, I highly recommend trying these other fruit desserts:
- Lemon Strawberry Shortcake
- Cinnamon Apple Crisp
- Blueberry Maple Crisp
- Apple Tarte Tatin
- Cinnamon Apple Blondies
Make the Most from Your Amazon Prime Membership (try it for FREE!)
Join Amazon Prime
Try Amazon Prime for FREE with a one-month free trial. After one month, you can decide if the cost of the membership makes sense for you and then cancel before you get charged for the membership. You do need to enter a credit card to access the free month so write the ending date on your calendar and set up an alert so you can decide if you want to keep it or cancel right before your free month ends.
Try Amazon’s Subscribe & Save Feature
Have you ever tried Amazon’s Subscribe and Save feature? It will save you at least 5-15% on your reoccurring purchases. Plus you won’t run out which is especially helpful these days. I use this for our favorite snacks, dog food, vitamins, household supplies, and more. You can pause or cancel orders easily from inside your account.
Save at Whole Foods Market
Find many exclusive weekly deals all over the store, and save an extra 10% on hundreds of sale items. Keep up to date on featured Prime Member Deals every week.
Skip the trip to the store
With Amazon Fresh, get 2-hour delivery on just about anything. Check here for availability in your area.
Sign Up for Our Email List
Have more delicious recipes like this Easy Cherry Pecan Ice Cream recipe sent straight to your inbox! We also share lifestyle ideas for shopping, travel, pets & more. We would love to connect with you.
Sign up for our emails and know we respect your privacy and will never share your email with anyone else.
PIN for Later
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and loved ones. If you are on social media, I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter. Just click on the links to visit my profile. Leave a message and I will follow you back!
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments! Click here to see all my recipes.
Jump to Recipe
Easy Cherry Pecan Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 large ripe bananas sliced and frozen
- 1-2 T. honey
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. whole milk (see notes above)
- 1 c. frozen dark cherries , rinsed briefly under warm water and chopped
- 1/2 cup of pecans , chopped
- Additional chopped pecans (for garnish)
- Place the frozen bananas, honey, vanilla extract, and salt into a high-powered blender. Add milk and blend on high until smooth. This will take approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Place ice cream mixture into a large bowl and fold in the chopped cherries and pecans. Scoop ice cream into individual serving bowls and serve immediately. Top it with some chopped pecans (or place in the freezer until firm). Enjoy!
- If more liquid is necessary, add additional milk or cream. Do this one tablespoon at a time while blending until smooth.