Navigate This Article
Easy Frittata Recipe – Smart Way to Use Leftovers
What Is A Frittata?
Chicken & Veggie Frittata Recipe
- 7 Eggs
- 0.5 LBS Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Asparagus
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Kale
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
Paleo & Keto Friendly
Eggs are an all-around healthy option for breakfast. They fit in a variety of diet plans including Paleo, Keto and Whole30. Here’s how to make them for your specific diet plan.
When you are eating Keto, the most important thing is to count the net carbs. So when you cook with sausage, for example, pay attention to the amount of sugar in the sausage. Try to choose sugar-free sausage or bacon. Or make a vegetable frittata. Remember: cheese is a very low-carb food, so cheese up your frittata!
To be Whole30 compliant, a recipe needs to be sugar-free and dairy-free. So just pack your frittata with veggies and sugar-free meat and you’ll be good to go.
Remember, Paleo recipes follow eating how the caveman ate. So you can’t use any modern farming techniques or processed foods. For this frittata to be Paleo, choose free-range eggs, don’t use cheese, and use grass-fed meats. You can use any vegetables you want.
Want More Breakfast Recipes?
Here are some of my favorite breakfast recipes! Maybe even try some of them for your next breakfast for dinner idea.
- Sautéed Garlic Herb Chicken and Cheese Frittata
- Family Style German Apple Pancake Recipe
- Gluten Free Asparagus Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe
- 15 Breakfast In Bed Recipe Ideas
The Best and Easiest Frittata Recipe You’ll Ever Make – Use Your Leftovers!
- 7 Eggs
- 0.5 lbs Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 cup Asparagus , chopped
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms , sliced
- 1/2 cup Broccoli , chopped
- 1/2 cup Kale , chopped
- 1/3 cup Cherry Tomatoes , chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a cast-iron pan on medium heat separate and cook sausage until browned.
- Drain some of the fat once browned but leave some to sauté the vegetables with. Add in asparagus, broccoli, and mushrooms and saute until softened.
- Stir in kale and cook until slightly wilted. Stir in cherry tomatoes.
- Pour egg mixture over veggies and reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes then transfer to the stove and cook for 10 minutes or until the frittata is thoroughly cooked. You will be able to tell when the frittata is fully cooked because the eggs will be firm, not runny in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Use a spatula around the edge and underneath to ensure it does not stick to the skillet, flip on to a plate or use spatula to remove, Slice, plate, and enjoy!
PIN and Save!
Leave a Reply