I’ve always loved the classic egg salad recipe but this Kicked Up Egg Salad Sandwiches will take it to the next level!
Instead of buying egg salad from the deli counter, why not try to make one at home without needing a handful of ingredients from the grocery store? This is a great recipe for someone who wants an extra flavor to their favorite egg salad recipe. It’s also a perfect light dinner or snack.
We have affiliate relationships which means we may earn a small referral commission at no additional cost to you if you shop using our affiliate links.
Navigate This Article
What To Serve with Kicked Up Egg Salad Sandwiches?
- Fruit Salad
- Potato or sweet potato fries
- Fresh vegetable platter with a dip or hummus (see Whipped Feta Dip recipe)
- Chicken Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing
Kitchen Notes and Tips
- Everyone has their own favorite way to hard-boil eggs. Here are two methods you can try:
Cold Water Start: Place eggs in a pot. Add cold water to 1” above eggs. Place them in boiling water. Remove from heat. Cover pan. Let it sit for 22-24 minutes. Remove eggs from water and rinse under cold running water or add to an ice water bath for 5 minutes.
Instant Pot Method: Place 1 cup of cold water in an instant pot. Add trivet. Place eggs on the trivet. Check the seal and that the vent is on. Cook on Manual, High Pressure 7 minutes. When time is up Quick Release pressure. Remove eggs and rinse under cold running water. Then place in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes.
- The horseradish sauce gives this a different edge. It makes the sandwich have a nice kick of flavor without being overwhelming. This makes it a nice variation from the traditional dill or thyme often used in an egg salad sandwich recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: varies depending on the method of cooking eggs
Serves: 6 sandwiches
Ingredients for Kicked Up Egg Salad Sandwiches
- A dozen eggs, hard-boiled
- 3 – 4 T. mayonnaise, to desired consistency
- 1 t. dry mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp. horseradish sauce or dry horseradish powder
- Finely chopped celery, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Chives or green onions, to taste
- Lettuce leaves, romaine, or green leaves are preferred
- Croissants, thinly sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed, or radicchio boats.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How To Make Kicked Up Egg Salad Sandwiches
#1. The first thing to do is prepare your hard-boiled eggs using your favorite method. (See Kitchen Notes and Tips above.)
#2. Peel and chop the large eggs then place them on a medium bowl.
#3. Finely chop the celery.
#4. Add 3 T mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, and celery in a large bowl. Mix it well.
#5. Add chopped eggs to the mixing bowl and mix the ingredients gently. Add salt, pepper, and chives to taste. Slice croissants in half. On the bottom half, layer a piece of lettuce. Add egg salad.
#6. Add croissant tops and place on a platter. Serve with a vegetable display and dip. Enjoy!
Let me know in the comment section below if this is the best egg salad recipe you’ve had! Don’t forget to share this Kicked Up Egg Salad Sandwiches recipe with your friends and loved ones!
Other Sandwich Recipes To Try Next Time
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Chicken and Avocado Panini
- Cheese-Stuffed Meatball Subs
- Sriracha Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Croissants with Homemade Cherry Chutney
- Gourmet Style Burger with Garlic and Avocado Topping
Make the Most from Your Amazon Prime Membership (try it for FREE!)
Join Amazon Prime
Try Amazon Prime for FREE with a one-month free trial. After one month, you can decide if the cost of the membership makes sense for you and then cancel before you get charged for the membership. You do need to enter a credit card to access the free month so write the ending date on your calendar and set up an alert so you can decide if you want to keep it or cancel right before your free month ends.
Try Amazon’s Subscribe & Save Feature
Have you ever tried Amazon’s Subscribe and Save feature? It will save you at least 5-15% on your recurring purchases. Plus you won’t run out which is especially helpful these days. I use this for our favorite snacks, dog food, vitamins, household supplies, and more. You can pause or cancel orders easily from inside your account.
Save at Whole Foods Market
Find many exclusive weekly deals all over the store, and save an extra 10% on hundreds of sale items. Keep up to date on featured Prime Member Deals every week.
Skip the trip to the store
With Amazon Fresh, get 2-hour delivery on just about anything. Check here for availability in your area.
Kitchen Gadgets To Make Cooking Easy
Click here to see my favorite affordable kitchen gadgets that make cooking easy!
Sign Up for Our Email List
Have more delicious recipes like this Kicked Up Egg Salad Sandwiches recipe sent straight to your inbox! We also share lifestyle ideas for shopping, travel, pets & more. We would love to connect with you.
Sign up for our emails and know we respect your privacy and will never share your email with anyone else.
PIN for Later
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments! Click here to see all my recipes.
Jump to Recipe
Kicked Up Egg Salad Sandwiches
- A dozen eggs , hard-boiled
- 3 - 4 T. mayonnaise to desired consistency
- 1 t. dry mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp. horseradish sauce (or dry horseradish powder)
- Finely chopped celery to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Chives to taste (or green onions)
- Lettuce leaves romaine or green leaf preferred
- Croissants , thin sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed, or radicchio boats.
- The first thing to do is prepare your hard boiled eggs using your favorite method. (See Kitchen Notes and Tips above.)
- Peel and chop the large eggs then place them on a medium bowl.
- Finely chop the celery.
- Add 3 T mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, and celery on a large bowl. Mix it well.
- Add chopped eggs to the mixing bowl and mix the ingredients gently. Add salt, pepper, and chives to taste. Slice croissants in half. On the bottom half, layer a piece of lettuce. Add egg salad.
- Add croissant tops and place on a platter. Serve with a vegetable display and dip. Enjoy!