This post is sponsored by Acorn Influence. All opinions are 100% mine.
WASA Crispbread crackers make a great base for appetizers. Because they are a hearty and thick cracker, they make a sturdy platform to add toppings. It’s like having a blank canvas for your recipes. WASA Crispbreads are a Barilla family product, another one of my favorite go-to brands.
For a new twist on an appetizer, try my WASA Crispbread Pizza Appetizer Recipe. It’s quick and easy. They can go from table to tummy in about 10 minutes. You can also take them to a party because they travel well. I recommend setting out several pizza toppings and letting everyone customize their own pizza appetizers.
All you need to do is pop them into the oven or toaster oven and heat them up until the cheese is melted.
Find them at Walmart.
WASA Crispbread crackers are super wholesome and super delicious! They are 100% whole grain, fat fat-free and portion controlled with only 45 calories. I find them very filling and satisfying.
Here are the ingredients to make WASA Crispbread Pizza Appetizers:
1 package (9.7 oz) Wasa Multi Grain Crispbread
1 jar (24 oz) Barilla Marinara Sauce
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup mini pepperoni
1 cup sliced olives
1 bunch, fresh basil, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place crispbread on baking sheet about 1″ apart.
Top each crispbread with a spoonful of marinara sauce. Use the back of the spoon to evenly spread the sauce onto the cracker.
Top with cheese, olives, and pepperoni.
Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is heated through.
Top with chopped fresh basil before serving.
More recipes and a special offer!
Did you know that Barilla also has a delicious gluten-free pasta? I was impressed to learn that the Barilla Gluten Free pasta has recently been named one of Parents Magazine’s “Top 25 Allergy Free Foods.” Be sure and take a look and share this useful list with other families with food allergies.
Save on favorite Barilla products like Barilla ProteinPLUS, Barilla Whole Grain Pasta, and Barilla White Fiber pasta with this iBotta rebate!
- 1 package (9.7 oz) Wasa Multi Grain Crispbread
- 1 jar (24 oz) Barilla Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1 bunch, fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place crispbread on baking sheet about 1" apart.
- Top each crispbread with a spoonful of marinara sauce. Use the back of the spoon to evenly spread the sauce onto the cracker.
- Top with cheese, olives and pepperoni.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is heated through.
- Top with chopped fresh basil before serving.