Here is a complete guide to layaway stores. Read on to learn which stores are offering layaway. Some stores offer layaway only in the store while others make it available online too.
Many readers use Christmas layaway to shop for their gifts early and pay a little over time without using credit cards or paying interest.
We have affiliate relationships which means we may earn a small referral commission at no additional cost to you if you shop using our links.
More with Less Today tip – if there is a hot toy that may be hard to come by as it gets closer to the holidays, put it on layaway early and avoid the last-minute hassle and possible shipping delays.
Navigate This Article
- 1 Stores with Layaway
- 2 What is a Layaway Plan?
- 3 Layaway
- 4 Walmart Layaway
- 5 Burlington Coat Factory Layaway /Baby Depot Layaway
Stores with Layaway
We are continuing to update this post as we get new information about stores offering layaway.
We welcome your comments. If there is an item you are looking for on sale, or if there is new layaway information to share, please send us an email to morewithlesstodayteam [at] gmail.com and we will do our best to locate items for you and update layaway plans for 2020 here. We love to help our readers.
What is a Layaway Plan?
If you are new to layaway plans, typically you put down a percentage of the purchase price which holds your items and then you make payments within a specific time frame, usually between 8 and 12 weeks. You then pick up your items when your layaway is paid in full. Often there is a small non-refundable fee to begin a layaway plan, so always compare that to the interest you would pay if you simply charged the items on your credit card to see which option makes the most sense for you.
Here are the FAQ’s we get asked at More with Less Today in case you were wondering too!
What are the stores that do layaway?
We are updating our post here with the current information we have and will continue to update it as we learn more.
What stores offer layaway all year?
Who has online layaway?
What clothing stores have layaway?
I often get asked about layaway options at these stores:
Does Lowe’s have layaway?
No, Lowe’s has a lease to own program which you can read about here.
Is there Target layaway? No
Is these Best Buy layaway? No
According to the Walmart website, Walmart is only offering layaway in select stores. You can enter your zip code in the store finder to see if there is Walmart layaway near you.
What are the Walmart layaway dates? How long is Walmart layaway this year?
The Walmart Christmas layaway program for 2020 starts on August 28th and run through early December 14th. The terms for payments can be found in-store at any Walmart Pickup Desk.
Walmart Layaway Terms
- Everything is done in the store; there is no Walmart.com layaway online option.
- There is no service fee to open a layaway.
- Each of the layaway items must cost at least $10, and your purchase must total $50 or more.
- Layaway items are initially set up and then later picked up at the Walmart Pickup Desk. You can make payments at any register in the store.
- There is a cancellation fee of $10 in many states.
- Layaway is not available on Thanksgiving
What are the Walmart Christmas Layaway hours?
They are the same as the hours in-store at the pickup desk. Call your local stores for current hours of operation.
I frequently get asked “does Walmart have layaway all year? Walmart does not offer layaway all year long, just for the holiday shopping season although some stores offer year-round jewelry layaway. We will be updating our post with Walmart Black Friday layaway information so keep checking back!
Find out more information in our post about the Walmart Layaway Policy.
What Can You Put on Layaway at Walmart?
Layaway is available for electronics, toys, infant toys, infant furniture, large furniture, auto electronics, select sporting goods, small appliances, and jewelry, but excludes wireless phones that require contracts. Some stores offer year-round layaway on jewelry purchases. It excludes food and wireless phones with contracts.
More with Less Today tip – you can use coupons for layaway items.
How does layaway work at Burlington Coat Factory?
1 In Baby Depot stores in Puerto Rico, Layaway will be held for 90 days
2 In MD the service fee is $1 service fee
3 In MD, OH & RI a cancellation fee of $10 or 10%, whichever is less, will be charged for canceled or delinquent layaways. In MD you may cancel your layaway within 14 days and no additional fee will be charged. In OH & RI you may cancel within 7 days and no service fee or cancellation fee will be charged.”
Baby Depot is a division of Burlington Coat Factory. The Baby Depot division sells various brands of discounted car seats, baby clothing, cribs, changing tables, baby furniture, gliders, and nursery essentials.
The Baby Depot layaway policy is the same as for Burlington Coat Factory layaway according to their website.
- For in-store purchases only
- Service fee: $5, plus tax where applicable
- Down payment: 20% – an additional 20% payment is due 14 days from purchase date
- Cancellation fee: $10, plus tax where applicable upon any change to a layaway or if layaway is returned to stock
- Refunds of layaway deposits are given the form of a gift card and not a cash refund.
- Restrictions: No food products
Get more information about layaway at Burlington Coat Factory.
Buckle is a leading retailer of medium to better-priced casual apparel, footwear, and accessories for fashion-conscious young men and women. They offer a wide selection of brand names and private label casual apparel, including denim, other casual bottoms, tops, sportswear, outerwear, accessories, and footwear.
Buckle offers an in-store layaway service that allows our guests to reserve merchandise with a required minimum 20% deposit down. Merchandise put on layaway is kept in the guest’s local Buckle store until the balance is paid off in full.
Here are the rules for Buckle Layaway:
- For in-store purchases only
- Available year-round
- There are no service fees or interest charges applied to creating or canceling a layaway
- Down payment minimum 20%
- One payment per two weeks is suggested. Your balance must be cleared within 60 days or the merchandise will be placed back on the sales floor.
How does Kmart layaway work?
Layaway at Kmart is available in-store and online at Kmart.com layaway. You can pick up your items in-store or schedule your pickup online. Layaway is only available at select locations and is not available for certain items, like flammable products, magazines, prescriptions, cigarettes, photos, and food. All available layaway items at Kmart will be identified when you view them on the Kmart website as “layaway eligible. “Layaway merchandise will be returned to stock seven days after a missed payment.
Here are the rules for Kmart Layaway and Kmart Online Layaway
- Add your layaway eligible items to your cart online. Select Pay with Layaway to get started. If shopping in the store, go to the layaway counter.
- Make a down payment when you initiate your contract and include the service fee.
- Make payments every 2 weeks. You can pay online or at your pickup store.
Find out more information about Kmart Layaway
Readers have been asking, “does Sears have layaway?”
Layaway at Sears is available in-store and you can also use Sears layaway online, and payments can be made in either place. Pickups can be made in-store or they can be delivered. Layaway contracts can be canceled at the store where you set up your contract. Contracts are automatically canceled after a seven-day grace period of missing your payment.
Find layaway eligible items on the individual product pages.
Here are the rules for Sears Layaway :
- 8-week contract: for online and in-store purchases
- Only $10 or 10% down to start a new contract
- Layaway contracts are 8 weeks. For purchases of $400+, a 12-week option is available in store.
- Except where prohibited, an 8-week contract requires a $5 service fee and a 12-week layaway contract requires a $10 service free
- Payments: every two weeks online or at any store register
- Once your last payment is made, pick up your items or schedule your pickup online
A frequently asked question is do they include Sears appliance layaway?
Find out more information about Sears Layaway.
I reached out to them to ask “does Gamestop have layaway?”
And this was my response. “Thank you for contacting Gamestop.
In the following link, you will be able to find more information regarding our layaway policy.”
According to the above link, Gamestop does offer layaway on some game systems, With a $25 deposit and n service fees. you can start layaway. Payment can only be made at the store where you start the layaway. You can also make payments by trading in used games and putting that credit toward your layaway. After you make your final payment, you can then pick up your item(s).
For more details go to http://elayaway.com/gamestop-layaway/.
Stores That Are Not Offering Layaway Now
I confirmed with Marshalls customer service that they are not offering layaway this year.
T.J. Maxx Layaway
Readers have been asking does TJ Maxx have layaway? What is the TJ Maxx layaway policy? They have offered it in the past in select stores but sadly have paused it for now.
I confirmed with TJ Maxx customer service that they are not offering layaway this year.
Knowing that we want to be your layaway experts, readers have let us know that several regional jewelry stores and furniture stores offer layaway so be sure to ask before your purchase! If you learn of other stores offering layaway, be sure and tell us in the comments so that everyone can benefit.