Walmart’s New Layaway Plan – 2019 Layaway in Walmart When Does It Start?
Walmart Layaway is available in stores during the holiday season, August 30 to December 9. (Certain store locations offer the service year-round for jewelry purchases.)
Please note that Layaway is not offered online; it’s only for in-store purchases.
If you want to start your shopping early without using credit cards and interest payments, you may want to consider using the 2019 Walmart layaway plan.
[Quick Link to the Early Cyber Monday Deals including Walmart!]
Navigate This Article
How to Start a Layaway at Walmart in 2019
Opening a Layaway plan is easy & only requires a few steps while you’re in the store. To initiate a Layaway, simply bring the item to the store’s designated Layaway counter.
- There’s no opening fee required for a Layaway.
- All you need to do is make a small down-payment of $20, or 20%, whichever is greater.
- Individual items must cost $10 or more.
- Your total purchase must be $50 or greater.
- You can make payments anytime on your Layaway at any register in the store.
- You can sign up for email or text reminders about payments.
What you can put on Layaway at Walmart?
- Electronics (without service plans)
- Small Appliances
- Large Furniture
- Auto Electronics
- Sporting Goods (select items)
- Infant Toys
- Infant Furniture
Layaway is not available on Thanksgiving day.
When Does Walmart Christmas Layaway Start?
Walmart Layaway is available in stores during the 2019 holiday season, August 30 to December 9. (Certain store locations offer the service year-round for jewelry purchases.)
Walmart Layaway features:
- Minimums: Individual items must be $10 or greater, & total purchases must equal $50 or more. If items are added to a layaway order dropping the deposit to less than 20% of the total basket, additional payment up to 20% of the total basket is required.
- Terms: Layaway begins on August 30. Final payment and pickup must be made before the last day of Layaway at the same store where it was initiated, otherwise, the account will be canceled. NOTE: Layaway excludes ALL wireless phones.
- Cancellation: If your Layaway account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Any down-payment and payments made will be refunded, less $20 or 20%, whichever is greater. Cancellation fee does not apply in Maryland, Ohio, Rhode Island or Washington, D.C. Cancellation fee in AL will not exceed $25. The cancellation fee in NC will not exceed $50.
- Age Requirement: Customers must be eighteen years of age (18) or older to open, receive items from, or receive refunds from a layaway account. This includes the primary customer on the account as well as any alternate pickup customers identified on the account.
- Returns: Walmart Return Policy applies to all Layaway transactions.
Walmart Layaway Restrictions:
- Set up in stores only (not available for online purchases).
- Excludes ALL wireless phones.
- Layaway not available on Thursday, November 28th.
- See your local Walmart store for more details.
- Layaway orders not paid for & picked up by December 10th will be canceled. Any payments will be refunded. Offer valid 8/30/19 —12/9/19. Available for electronics, automotive electronics, large furniture, infant furniture, infant toys, toys, select sporting goods, small appliances, & jewelry. Excludes all wireless phones. Walmart and Walmart Supercenter stores only. Some restrictions apply. Layaway is not available on November 28.
Quick link to Walmart Layaway
Here is the Walmart layaway information from their website. Get more information including rules, watch-outs, exclusions, and rules.
Walmart Layaway Pickup & Pay
- Location – Layaway is initiated at the Pickup Desk. Payments can be made at any register including the Pickup Desk. Upon final payment, customers may be asked to pick up Layaway merchandise at a separate location such as the Garden Center.
Look for the layaway tag in stores on eligible items.
Using layaway wisely can help you to save money and time and take the guesswork out of holiday spending.
Can you Put Clearance Items on Layaway at Walmart?
Look for the layaway tags in stores on eligible items. Online Walmart clearance items are not eligible.
Walmart Layaway Hours
Walmart layaway items are started at the Pickup Desk. I recommend calling your local Walmart for Pickup Desk hours before you head over to the store. Layaway payments can be made at any register including the Pickup Desk. Upon final payment, customers may be asked to pick up Layaway merchandise at a separate location such as the Garden Center.
Walmart has a clearance outlet and you can take advantage of the deep discounts online.
Walmart has hundreds of items on clearance right now with prices as low as $1.98. Right now there are clearance deals on electronics, home, clothing, baby, toys, sports, outdoors, and home improvement and more! It’s one of my favorite places to save.