Walmart’s New Layaway Plan – 2019 Layaway in Walmart When Does It Start?
Layaway will be returning to Walmart for 2019. Last year, (2018), the Walmart holiday layaway plan begins on August 31st and run through December 10th. As soon as we have confirmed dates for 2019 we will update you right here.
If you want to start your shopping early without using credit cards and interest payments, you may want to consider using the 2019 Walmart layaway plan.
Navigate This Article
How to Start a Layaway at Walmart (from 2018- we will update as soon as 2019 is available)
- Start a layaway at Walmart by taking one of the product tear pads or the item to the Walmart pickup desk.
- There is no fee to open a layaway.
- Make a down-payment of $10 or 10% of the price of the item, whichever is greater
- Your final payment must be made and picked up before the last day of layaway (December 10th) at the store you opened your layaway account.
What you can put on Layaway at Walmart?
- Electronics (without service plans)
- Small Appliances
- Large Furniture
- Auto Electronics
- Sporting Goods (select items)
- Infant Toys
- Infant Furniture
Layaway is not available on Thanksgiving day.
Walmart Layaway features:
No opening fee
Only put down $10 or 10%, whichever is greater
You have 90 days to pay for your layaway and must pick up your items and pay for them by 12/10.
Items must be $10+ and the total purchase must be at least $50.
Available in-store only, not online.
Quick link to Walmart Layaway
Here is the Walmart layaway information from their website. Get more information including rules, watch-outs, exclusions, and rules as soon as it is available for 2019.
Walmart Layaway Rules (from 2018)
- Minimums – Individual items must be $10 or greater. Total purchases must be $50 or greater
- Terms – Final payment and pickup must be made on or before December 10th at the same store layaway was initiated (or order will be canceled). Excludes wireless phones that require contracts.
- Cancellation – If the account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Down payment and payments made will be refunded, less a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellation fee does not apply in Ohio, Maryland, Rhode Island, or District of Columbia.
- Returns – Walmart Returns Policy applies to all layaway transactions.
Walmart Layaway Pickup & Pay
- Location – Layaway is initiated at the Pickup Desk. Payments can be made at any register including the Pickup Desk. Upon final payment, customers may be asked to pick up Layaway merchandise at a separate location such as the Garden Center.
- In stores only (not available for online purchases)
- Available for Electronics, Toys, Infant Toys, Infant Furniture, Small Appliances, Large Furniture, Auto Electronics, Select Sporting Goods, and Jewelry
- Excludes wireless phones that require contracts.
- Layaway not available on Thanksgiving
See your local Walmart store’s service desk for more details.
Look for the layaway tag in stores on eligible items.
Using layaway wisely can help you to save money and time and take the guesswork out of holiday spending.
Walmart has a clearance outlet and you can take advantage of the deep discounts online.
Walmart has hundreds of items on clearance right now with prices as low as $1.98. Right now there are clearance deals on electronics, home, clothing, baby, toys, sports, outdoors, and home improvement and more! It’s one of my favorite places to save.