Readers have been asking about Walmart’s new layaway plan.
The 2017 Walmart layaway will begin on September 2nd and run through December 2, 2017. according to a phone call I made this morning to my local store.
Here is the Walmart layaway information from 2016 so you can get an idea of how it has worked in the past:
Customers can put items as low as $10 on layaway with a $50 minimum basket and will have until December 12th to pay off their account.
Walmart layaway is available for electronics, automotive electronics, toys, select sporting goods, small appliances, and furniture. Excludes wireless phones that require contracts. Layaway is not available on November 26th (Thanksgiving).
Here are some of the features:
No opening fee
Only put down $10 or 10%, whichever is greater
You have 90 days to pay for your layaway and must pick up your items and pay for them by 12/12.
Items must be $10+ and the total purchase must be at least $50.
Available in-store only, not online.
Layaway is available in stores during the holiday season. Certain store locations offer layaway year-round for jewelry purchases only. Layaway is not offered for online purchases.
How it works:
- There’s no opening fee
- Down payment is $10 or 10%, whichever is greater
- Minimums – Individual items must be $10 or greater. Total purchases must be $50 or greater
- Terms – Final payment and pickup must be made on or before December 12 at the same store layaway was initiated (or order will be canceled). Excludes wireless phones that require contracts.
- Cancellation – If the account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Down payment and payments made will be refunded, less a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellation fee does not apply in Ohio, Maryland, Rhode Island, or District of Columbia.
- Returns – Walmart Returns Policy applies to all layaway transactions.
Pickup & Pay:
- Location – Layaway is initiated at the Pickup Desk. Payments can be made at any register including the Pickup Desk. Upon final payment, customers may be asked to pick up Layaway merchandise at a separate location such as the Garden Center.
- In stores only (not available for online purchases)
- Available for Electronics, Toys, Infant Toys, Infant Furniture, Small Appliances, Large Furniture, Auto Electronics, Select Sporting Goods, and Jewelry
- Excludes wireless phones that require contracts.
- Layaway not available on Thursday, November 24th.
See your local Walmart store’s service desk for more details.
Look for the layaway tag in stores on eligible items.
Using layaway wisely can help you to save money and time and take the guesswork out of holiday spending.
Did you know?
Walmart has a clearance outlet and you can take advantage of the deep discounts online.
Walmart has hundreds of items on clearance right now with prices as low as $1.98. Right now there are clearance deals on electronics, home, clothing, baby, toys, sports, outdoors, and home improvement.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Find today’s coupons and Walmart offers: