Walmart Layaway Plan – Layaway in Walmart – When Does It Start?
Walmart Layaway is available in stores during the holiday season. Last year, Walmart layaway began on August 28th through December 14th *in select stores only. (Certain store locations offer the service year-round for jewelry purchases.)
Please note that Layaway is not offered online; it’s only for in-store purchases.
2021 Walmart layaway dates will be updated right here just as soon as they become available.
Walmart has updated their banner on the website to say “select stores only.”
You can enter your zip code on their website to find the closest Walmart offering layaway here.
Let me know if you find a Walmart store offering layaway near you, please leave me a comment or send an email to morewithlesstodayteam (at) gmail.com). I want to always provide accurate information, especially during this difficult season. thank you!
By offering Christmas layaway at Walmart you can shop early and pay over time without using credit cards. Combine that with Walmart’s low prices and you can easily budget your shopping.
If you want to start your shopping early without using credit cards and interest payments, you may want to consider using the Walmart layaway plan.
Navigate This Article
- 1 How to Start a Layaway at Walmart
- 2 Walmart Holiday Layaway
- 3 What you can put on Layaway at Walmart?
How to Start a Layaway at Walmart
Walmart Holiday Layaway
Opening a Layaway plan is easy & only requires a few steps while you’re in the store. To initiate a Layaway, simply bring the item to the store’s designated Layaway counter.
How does Walmart layaway work?
- There’s no opening fee required for a Layaway.
- All you need to do is make a small down-payment of $20, or 20%, whichever is greater.
- Individual items must cost $10 or more.
- Your total purchase must be $50 or greater.
- You can make payments anytime on your Layaway at any register in the store.
- You can sign up for email or text reminders about payments.
Readers ask “is there Walmart layaway all year?” no, only for the holiday season although some Walmart stores offer layaway on jewelry all year long.
What you can put on Layaway at Walmart?
- Electronics (without service plans)
- Small Appliances
- Large Furniture
- Auto Electronics
- Sporting Goods (select items)
- Infant Toys
- Infant Furniture
Layaway is not available on Thanksgiving day.
When Does Walmart Christmas Layaway Start?
Walmart Layaway is available in stores during the holiday season. In 2020 it began on August 28th and is available until December 14th. (Certain store locations offer the service year-round for jewelry purchases.)
Walmart Layaway features:
- Minimums: Individual items must be $10 or greater, & total purchases must equal $50 or more. If items are added to a layaway order dropping the deposit to less than 20% of the total basket, additional payment up to 20% of the total basket is required.
- Terms: Layaway begins on August 30 (2020 date). Final payment and pickup must be made before the last day of Layaway at the same store where it was initiated, otherwise, the account will be canceled. NOTE: Layaway excludes ALL wireless phones.
- Cancellation: If your Layaway account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Any down-payment and payments made will be refunded, less $20 or 20%, whichever is greater. The cancellation fee does not apply in Maryland, Ohio, Rhode Island or Washington, D.C. Cancellation fee in AL will not exceed $25. The cancellation fee in NC will not exceed $50.
- Age Requirement: Customers must be eighteen years of age (18) or older to open, receive items from, or receive refunds from a layaway account. This includes the primary customer on the account as well as any alternate pickup customers identified on the account.
- Returns: Walmart Return Policy applies to all layaway transactions.
Walmart Layaway Restrictions:
- Set up in stores only (not available for online purchases).
- Excludes ALL wireless phones.
- Layaway not available on Thanksgiving day.
- See your local Walmart store for more details.
Quick link to Walmart Layaway
Here is the Walmart layaway information from their website. Get more information including rules, watch-outs, exclusions, and rules.
Walmart Layaway Pickup & Pay
- Location – Layaway is initiated at the Pickup Desk. Payments can be made at any register including the Pickup Desk. Upon final payment, customers may be asked to pick up Layaway merchandise at a separate location such as the Garden Center.
Look for the layaway tag in stores on eligible items.
Using layaway wisely can help you to save money and time and take the guesswork out of holiday spending.
Can you Put Clearance Items on Layaway at Walmart?
Look for the layaway tags in stores on eligible items. Online Walmart clearance items are not eligible.
Walmart Layaway Hours
Walmart layaway items are started at the Pickup Desk. I recommend calling your local Walmart for Pickup Desk hours before you head over to the store. Layaway payments can be made at any register including the Pickup Desk. Upon final payment, customers may be asked to pick up Layaway merchandise at a separate location such as the Garden Center.
Walmart has a clearance outlet and you can take advantage of the deep discounts online.
Walmart has hundreds of items on clearance right now with prices as low as $1.98. Right now there are clearance deals on electronics, home, clothing, baby, toys, sports, outdoors, and home improvement and more! It’s one of my favorite places to save. See what we found in Walmart Clearance online!
More Layaway Info
Here is our list of stores offering layaway. We will be updating the post as new information becomes available.
Readers also like