There are new Kmart Layaway terms and conditions both in store and online layaway programs. If you are thinking about using layaway for large purchases, read on for some shopping and money-saving tips.
Why Use Layaway?
Layaway is a very popular way to buy large purchases but not have to pay for everything upfront.
If you are avoiding using credit cards, you may want to consider using a layaway program to save what you need to complete a purchase.
Layaway usually works best for large purchases when you factor in the store’s fees. Be sure you will be able to make your regular payments and pay off your layaway contract in time.
Layaway isn’t for everyone, but it can be an effective way to save for large purchases without breaking out the plastic.
Kmart Layaway Terms
Read these terms closely, as many of them have changed:
“$10 Down Layaway – offer valid on new layaway contracts – exclusions apply. Get 12.5% cashback in points on completion of layaway. Offer valid in-store, online and mobile Kmart layaway contracts. $10 service fee due at contract initiation. All fees are nonrefundable. Service and cancellation fees apply. No cancellation fees in Ohio. Requires biweekly payments. Total layaway contract amount spread over 4 biweekly payments for an 8-week contract or 6 biweekly payments for a 12-week contract. Maryland, Washington D.C., online and mobile offer 8-week contracts only. 12-week layaway option available on purchases of $300 or more. Max 30,000 points per member. Membership is free. Subject to terms and conditions.”
Read the new Kmart Layaway Terms and Conditions for in-store and online.
How to Start Kmart Layaway Online
Do you enjoy shopping online? Well, you can enjoy all the perks of shopping Kmart’s super low prices, all from home!
Here is how to start a Kmart layaway online:
- Add items to your cart and go to checkout.
- All fees are non-refundable. Service and cancellation fees apply. Go here for complete rules from the Kmart.com website.
- Make payments every two weeks online, or at any store with cash, check debit or credit card.
- Arrange to pick up your items at your closest store once your last payment is made.
Top Categories for Kmart’s Online Layaway
The top categories for Kmart’s online layaway are:
Kmart’s layaway program includes both online and in-store contracts for popular items across dozens of merchandise categories, including:
- Apparel – The whole family can get into the spirit in style with Kmart-exclusive celebrity powerhouse brands.
- Home – Kmart offers a wide selection of affordably priced home accessories and small kitchen appliances such as Disney “Frozen” themed bedding and the Keurig® single-cup coffee maker.
- Toys – Parents can get a head start nabbing Kmart-exclusive hot holiday toys.
- Consumer electronics – Members and customers can gift the newest electronics like Xbox ONE, PlayStation4®, 32″ to 60″ RCA TVs and Samsung Galaxy tablets.
There you have it! Everything you need to know about the Kmart layaway – how to use it online and why layaway is a wonderful way to save money.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: