This Apple Butter Recipe is a must-make this season! It’s totally delicious as a spread, filling, or as an ingredient for cakes and muffins.
It’s silky, buttery and slightly spiced and perfectly sweet. Trust me when I say this apple butter is delicious! I recommend making several jars so you can share it with neighbors, friends, and family.
Navigate This Article
Why You Should Make This Recipe
If you’ve never made apple butter, read on…
- It’s incredibly easy to make
- Also, it’s super affordable (which is always a plus on my books)
- Your home will smell like fall dreams while you are making this
- It makes beautiful gifts for neighbors and family
- It’s hands-off, your slow cooker pretty much makes all the work for you
- And you can eat it with almost EVERYTHING
What is Apple Butter?
I was surprised when I discovered that not everyone knows what apple butter is! If you haven’t heard about it before you are probably wondering what it is and how to eat it.
Apple butter is apple puree cooked until the natural sugars in the apple caramelize (that’s why it has that golden hue). You also add some traditional Fall spices, like cinnamon and nutmeg while you are making it.
It has a very concentrated apple flavor and aroma with spicy undertones (thanks to the cinnamon).
Ingredients Apple Butter
- 6 Apples, roughly quartered
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 Tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
Recipe for Apple Butter
Step #1. Core the apples and place inside the slow cooker.
Step #2. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, and lime juice.
Step #3. Cook on low for around 9 hours, checking every now and then to stir.
Step #4. Once the apples are soft remove the skin, it will come off easily.
Step #5. Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract, ginger, and nutmeg and cook for 1 more hour. Stirring occasionally. Enjoy!
What Can I Pair with Apple Butter
- Just in any way you would eat a jam or preserve! Spread over some toast, used as a filling for muffins, or served with dinner rolls on Thanksgiving.
- You can also eat it over ice cream or with pancakes and it’s also delicious as a Greek yogurt topping.
Try Walmart Plus
Have you tried Walmart Plus+? You can have your groceries and your household items delivered to your door! I am loving it. For us, the big box store sizes are too big. I find the prices at Walmart to be very competitive in the sizes we need. To be honest, I don’t love going to the store but I place what I need in my shopping cart online and every few days I place an order-easy peasy!
Get $20 off a future order when you sign up using this link. You can also get a 30-day free trial to make sure you love it!
Enjoy More of Our Easy Recipes
Have more easy and delicious recipes like this Apple Butter recipe sent straight to your inbox! We also share lifestyle ideas for shopping, travel, pets & more. We would love to connect with you. Sign up for our emails and know we respect your privacy and will never share your email with anyone else.
Other Apple Dessert Recipes To Try
If you’ve enjoyed these Apple Butter Recipe, I highly recommend trying these other apple recipes:
- Apple Tarte Tatin
- Hot Apple Punch
- Cinnamon Apple Blondies
- Crunchy Celery Apple Salad
- Deconstructed Waldorf Salad
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- 10 Favorite Apple Recipes to Make With Your Extra Apples
PIN for Later
Jump To Recipe
Apple Butter Recipe
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Ingredients
- 6 Apples , roughly quartered
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- pinch of nutmeg
- Core the apples and place inside the slow cooker.
- Add the brown sugar, white sugar, and lime juice.
- Cook on low for around 9 hours, checking every now and then to stir.
- Once the apples are soft remove the skin, it will come off easily.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract, ginger, and nutmeg and cook for 1 more hour. Stirring occasionally.
Leave a Reply