Let me share with you the perfect comfort food that I enjoy on a cold day. This Creamy Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup is an easy recipe to make.
I love making this healthy soup and my family does too! This vegan version is what I enjoy making the most and it’s one of the best things about it.
Keep reading and this might be your next favorite soup recipe!
Did you know?
- Carrots are a great source of Vitamin A, which is good for your immune system.
- This delicious vegan carrot soup can also be made using chicken broth or chicken stock.
- You can use curry powder to this recipe to add a touch of spice to this creamy soup recipe.
Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup Ingredients:
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ lbs. carrots, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 c. vegetable stock, preferably organic
- 1 T. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 t. fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 c. full fat coconut milk / coconut cream
1. Heat oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions, garlic, carrots, and bell pepper. Season with a pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste.
Cook it while stirring frequently until the vegetables become soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add vegetable broth, minced ginger, and thyme leaves and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the carrots are fork-tender, approximately 10-15 minutes. Stir once or twice while cooking.
3. Remove from heat and puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. (A regular blender or food processor can also be used for this step). Taste the pureed carrots and adjust seasonings, as desired.
4. Return to medium heat and add the full-fat coconut milk. Stir until barely combined and cook until heated through approximately 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve immediately. Pair it with your favorite crusty bread and enjoy!
If this is your first time here and you’ve enjoyed this flavorful Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup, try other simple recipes here.
Pin this for later:
Don’t forget to share this delicious soup recipe with your friends and loved ones!