If you have been looking for new ways to stretch your dollars, go meatless one night a week and try this delicious and hearty Minestrone Soup recipe.
It’s an easy, healthy recipe that warms the tummy and is quick and easy for those busy weeknights.
Simply add all the ingredients (except the pasta) into your slow cooker. Cook the pasta separately and add it just before serving. Bonus tip- it also makes a great lunch for the next day!
If you have been looking for new ways to stretch your food dollars, try going meatless one night a week. You won’t find a better ingredient then canned beans. They keep in your pantry so stock up each time you shop, especially when you see them on sale. You can add them to chili recipes, stews, salads, dips and more.
4 cups Beef Broth
1 can Red Kidney Beans, rinsed & drained
1 can Garbanzo Beans, rinsed & drained
1 can,14.5 oz, Italian-Style Diced Tomatoes
1 can 15 oz, Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoons Sugar
1 tablespoon Dried Italian Seasoning
1-1/2 cups Frozen Vegetables (you can use canned vegetables if preferred)
1 cup Frozen Spinach
2 cups Cooked Pasta Shells
Parmesan Cheese for serving
Combine all ingredients except the pasta in a slow cooker. Mix well. Set the slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
Add your vegetables
Add in the spinach
Minutes before serving, stir in the prepared pasta.
Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired
And you are ready to serve and eat!
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can,14.5 oz, Italian Style diced tomatoes
can ,15 oz, tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 2 cups cooked pasta shells
- Parmesan Cheese for serving
- Combine all ingredients except pasta
intoa slow cooker. Mix well.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
- minutes before serving, stir in the prepared pasta.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This post was sponsored by S&W Beans and all opinions are my own.
PIN this Hearty Minestrone Soup Recipe for later: